Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brain fog and dizziness

Brain fog and dizziness

From as early as 5th grade, I remember experiencing brain fog. I remember this because we were on a field trip to a large zoo nearby. Instead of enjoying it, I remember feeling like I was on autopilot. Nothing felt real. It bothered me so much that my friend at that time got frustrated that I kept saying, "I feel like I'm in a dream!"

I haven't had brain fog constantly since then (thank goodness) but I do have it quite frequently now. I've had ongoing dizziness for almost a year now and no one can figure out why. I was told it was a blood pressure issue, but then told that it wasn't. Now I've made an eye appointment to see if that's the cause.

Of course, I know that the dizziness can be caused by anxiety, but can it be chronic like this?

The reason I have this post in this subcategory is because, sometimes, it seems as though the brain fog/dr is caused by the dizziness. Or, it may just make it worse.

Any experience with this? Any help for the dizziness or brain fog?

Re: Brain fog and dizziness

Im experiencing bouts of dizziness, nothing else just a dizzy feeling. Its awful. Any ideas??

Does the dizziness come and go? Mine used to come and go, but I think it's now there all the time.

I have an eye appointment for it next week. I'll see how it goes.

I've been told it was my blood pressure, but now they seem to think differently.

Of course, dizziness is also an anxiety symptom.

Hey I had this auto pilot feeling for a year and half and I couldn't stop thinking about it, what caused it for you?

I really don't know what causes it and I never know if it ever actually goes away completely or if it just isn't as noticeable sometimes.

Sometimes, it seems like, if I'm sitting in a dim room, it'll be worse.

I really think anxiety is to blame.

My brain fog seems to be activated when I am out somewhere, like a crowded place or school. When I am home and doing something, my overall DPDR symptoms decrease. This is due to fight or flight response being faulty in me, basically DPDR is faulty fight or flight response by itself. Your mind activates a defense mechanism and instead of it going away, it just stays there for no reason. So that's why you feel all those brain fogs and similar weird symptoms, it's your fight or flight response being activated because your mind piercieves public places as threatening and needs to scan everything constantly to avoid any harm or something

Yah I woke up one day with it, but I did have a panic attack two days before so maybe that had something to do with it

The fight or flight would explain it. Has anyone had any luck with treatments?

I'm also thinking about eliminating gluten from my diet to see if that helps.

I'm seeing a psychiatrist because they it's something I'm subconsciously worried or afraid of because I've had it for like 2 years but will go away when I'm worried about something it's weird

So, it hits when you're not anxious? That's interesting. You may have an easier time overcoming it then.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information