Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which anti depressants combine well with Lyrica?

Re: Which anti depressants combine well with Lyrica?

Hi Akb,

As has been said above, no-one can say for certain in advance what the effective minimum dose of pregabalin is for a given person. It's just a case of trying it until you find a dose that works. As a rough guide, the mid-range dose is 200 - 400 mg per day, though some people get a response with less and others need more (600 mg per day maximum).

However, it works fairly quickly, so you should notice a response (if any) to a change in dose within a few days.

Hello

I reduced Lyrica again from 200 to 125 believing it doesn't work for me. Last two days my physical anxiety symptoms have been awful.

This will sound like a stupid question but does it make sense to go back to 200? I I tend to anyway because its all I have but it will help my fragile state to get confirmation from you guys that I'm doing the right thing.

Quote Originally Posted by akb View Post
    Hello

I reduced Lyrica again from 200 to 125 believing it doesn't work for me. Last two days my physical anxiety symptoms have been awful.

This will sound like a stupid question but does it make sense to go back to 200? I I tend to anyway because its all I have but it will help my fragile state to get confirmation from you guys that I'm doing the right thing.
    A stupid question doesn't .merit s reply. Fair enough.

I feel a little better after increasing dosage again and don't need to be told that messing around with dosages unsupervised is a bad idea.

My instinct tells me that Lyrica is good but I'm doing so much self help stuff too that it could just be placebo. I think we all come to rely on medication a bit too much which is understandable and fine until it poops out.

I was on 450mg pregabalin and doing fine but i got triggered and pregabalin didn't come to my rescue, usually, a trigger last 2 days at most, pregabalin seemed to hold it longer so i upped to 600mg to see if the extra would hit the spot, it didn't . I have stayed on the 600 for the last week but i have got worse crying and in anxiety grips, sleep has flown out the window. HOW can a pain killer no better than ibuprofen kill acute anxiety, i think i want off , My shrink stops meds and thinks i dont get after effects , first it was stop mirtazapine then stop my olanzapine and start the pregabalin ?????????????heavyweight meds straight on to a painkiller. if she could look into my brain she would pass out.

Hi braindead

Sorry to hear that your psych has messed about with your meds. The good news is that the body is good at processing and ejecting all that crap and it has no lasting effects on thd brain. That was explainde to me once when I took myself to A & E one time.

Even with the best meds we are always vulnerable to blips. I would start trying some self help strategies like mindfulness. if I wasnt in jail Id be at the swimming pool all day. Just walking through water helps.

Youll get through this ok. Just try and be as calm and patient as you can. Ignore the negativity your thinking mind is throwimg at you, its meaningless rubbish.

Quote Originally Posted by akb View Post
    Hi braindead

Sorry to hear that your psych has messed about with your meds. The good news is that the body is good at processing and ejecting all that crap and it has no lasting effects on thd brain. That was explainde to me once when I took myself to A & E one time.

Even with the best meds we are always vulnerable to blips. I would start trying some self help strategies like mindfulness. if I wasnt in jail Id be at the swimming pool all day. Just walking through water helps.

Youll get through this ok. Just try and be as calm and patient as you can. Ignore the negativity your thinking mind is throwimg at you, its meaningless rubbish.
    i have a tolerance to 6mg lorazepam a day, i have had this since i was young, trouble is i am in trouble and i have a few spare boxes of lorazepam ///// to survive i need to go up then detox , waiting for shrink help is like forever

---------- Post added at 17:33 ---------- Previous post was at 17:27 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by panic_down_under View Post
    Some need to take a fair wack of Tofranil to get a good result. I was on 300-350mg for several years. It worked great. But I wouldn't recommend that in your situation.

It is definitely worth a shot. But, given you've had success with SNRIs in the past, also consider sertraline. If necessary it is possible to supplement it with nortriptyline (Pamelor), a noradrenaline/norepinephrine reuptake inhibiting antidepressant, to essentially create a bespoke SNRI. This gets too complicated with Lexapro because of drug-drug interactions and concerns about the impact on the electrical system of the heart.

I'd like to give you a definitive answer, but there is no way of knowing whether it will be more effective at 400mg other than trying it. Sorry.
    400 then 600 no difference i was cool for 5 days on 400 then i crashed, went up to 600 and i am in trouble

SHRINK phoned today and said get down to 300mg pregabalin your maintenance dose, i was doing ok on that with 15 mg mirtazapine and 5 mg olanzapine, but i didn't want to stay on 3 fat maker meds , so i asked to come off the mirtazapine. later i had this stupid brainwave to drop the olanzapine to and take the pregabalin to 450mg i did great for 5 days so i put it up to 600mg this is where it went wrong losing two meds and ramping up the pregabalin sent me in a nose dive, pregabalin going up too fast does the opposite it don't carm anxiety it RAMPS it way high, i am back on 5mh olanzapine to help me sleep i haven't slept more than 4 hours a night since i went op on the med i wish coming down was easy has going up

Hi Braindead,

Most of us would like to reduce our medications or the number of medications we take, but it has to be done carefully and cautiously, allowing time for the body to adjust between changes. This is particularly if trying to change two or more meds in a short period of time. Always consult with your doc. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by hanshan View Post
    Hi Braindead,

Most of us would like to reduce our medications or the number of medications we take, but it has to be done carefully and cautiously, allowing time for the body to adjust between changes. This is particularly if trying to change two or more meds in a short period of time. Always consult with your doc. Good luck.
    thanks for reply got my first night of sleep for ages 10pm till 5am that was down to the entry of 5mg olanzapine. The shrink said 2 and a half but i needed 5mg . She said nothing about my pregabalin reduction i made and why i had done it, sometimes i think there made of wood

Hi Braindead,

It's great that you got good night's sleep. If you need 5 mg olanzapine, tell the doc. I'm guessing that she didn't want to comment positive or negative about your change to the pregabalin, but I don't know for sure. Hang in there, you will get it right.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information