Thread: Return of Anxiety

Return of Anxiety

Afternoon

Had a great day yesterday, anxiety at lowest level for ages. Woke up this morning (after good sleep) feeling tired and nervous. Walked to work and felt odd and from then on had heightened anxiety. Have tried all usual techniques but cant shift the nervous feeling and keep thinking going to collapse! Why is it good days are so often followed by two or three bad days? and will that gradually improve?

Re: Return of Anxiety

Whether or not it will improve depends on whether or not you're taking steps to actively combat it. Yes, it can definitely get better. I remember when I would wake up feeling quite anxious, and I would have a not-so-great day. Now, I sometimes wake up feeling anxious, but my day is otherwise perfectly normal. Today, even - I woke up with a heart palpitation or two, and feeling a bit anxious. No biggie. Must have been a bad/anxious dream.

Thanks for reply. Yes trying everything and do feel bit better now. Just sometimes difficult telling your brain that it is nothing serious and to think about something else. Once I can get that into my head then I hope I will be able to break the cycle and the anxious feelings will subside rather than escalating.

Bin Tenn! I remember you from anxietyzone. You're the person who has health anxiety coupled with ectopic beats/palpitations, yes?

Thread Information