Thread: Massive attack :(

Massive attack :(

Last night about 7.30pm I had the worse panic attack I have ever had.

To set the story, I am overweight..fat. However I have started walking the past 4 days and have cut out the junk food. Yesterday I did my 10k steps around a local country park which included a very long steep hill. I did it though, was super proud (no chest pains, but abit out of puff)

Moving on till last night, I someone convinced myself I was having a heart attack. I had a weird sensation in my chest..not a pain as such. It was almost the feeling of being bloated. I honestly don't know how to describe it.

Boom panic attack, lasted for a couple of ours. chest pains, burning down my left arm and hand. trembling, tearful, fear I was going to die (the only thing I could think of at the time was I wasn't going to see my pet baby tortoise going to grow up..wtf??) This went on for a few hours, till I rang NHS 111. (almost went 999 to be honest).

I spoke to the lady on the phone who sounded concerned..which scared me even more. She got a doctor to ring me back, who was totally lovely! (if you are out there somewhere..thank you!)

She explained I wasn't having a heart attack/cardic pain as the pain wouldn't be a sensation, it will be excruciating and would knock me off my feet. She then spent over an hour with me talking me down, going through breathing exercises and such with me. As well as talking about my new exercise plan, about how getting my heart pumping hard was actually doing it good not bad. She also explained how the pains in my chest could be from my stomach or some issue with my rib cartilage that is very common something beginning with C which I forget the name.

This morning I feel totally washed out. I feel tired even though I slept like a log. I still feel abit shivery and feels like I have something like mucus stuck in my throat (I don't) still mildly panicky like almost waiting for something else to happen again. I'm almost waiting for the sensation to come back :(

Is this normal? It doesn't feel normal, but its been a while since I had a full blown mega attack as I call it. I feel so deflated after trying to do something so positive :(

Kain

Re: Massive attack :(

Still feeling like crap. Tired and still convinced of heart problems. Burning feelings 😞

Re: Massive attack :(

You had a long talk on the phone wiith a doctor who reassured you it wasn't your heart. The pain could just be from the walking you did, particularly if it's not something you do regularly. The washed out feeling is your body coming down from a panic attack...do you know how much is involved in one?

They affect every part of your body, nervous system, digestive system including your bladder and bowel, all of your muscles, and your eyes. The fact that you are 'waiting' for the next panic is keeping all of these systems on high alert with adrenaline pumping around.

The doctor was correct in what she said about needing to exercise your heart to keep it healthy. But if it makes you feel better why not ask your own doctor to have a chat about it and have a listen through his stethoscope. I'm sure he or she will be able to reassure you that it's fine.

ISB ☺

Thread Information