Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bailiffs

Bailiffs

Anybody have any idea on what I can do about this? I've basically been told if I don't pay a debt by next week, bailiffs will visit me.
    I don't even know what the debt is for but I do have credit card debt and catalogue debt from over 8 years ago.

I'm worried sick, definitely don't have the money and have no idea what to do. I was under the impression bailiffs only come for important debt such as council tax, fines etc. I never knew they could come for any old debt. I feel ill beyond words. Have been feeling extremely low, never felt this bad and then come home to this letter. I just don't know how much more I can take.

Re: Bailiffs

Quote Originally Posted by KeeKee View Post
    Anybody have any idea on what I can do about this? I've basically been told if I don't pay a debt by next week, bailiffs will visit me.
    I don't even know what the debt is for but I do have credit card debt and catalogue debt from over 8 years ago.

I'm worried sick, definitely don't have the money and have no idea what to do. I was under the impression bailiffs only come for important debt such as council tax, fines etc. I never knew they could come for any old debt. I feel ill beyond words. Have been feeling extremely low, never felt this bad and then come home to this letter. I just don't know how much more I can take.
    KeeKee with out being personal, can I ask roughly how much debt is outstanding as I think it has to be certain amount before the bailiffs come knocking at your door. Sure you don't have to let them in but they can come back with the police and serve a writ on you which means you have to let them gain access to your property. this is terrible Keekee can I ask why have you let it go on for 8 years? I would call the number on the letter first to discuss your financial situation, I also would get advice from the CAB A.S.A.P Cheers

It's for £600. I don't even know who the company is, have never heard of them and can't think of any debt that would be that amount. I'm paying 2 companies token payments at the moment.

I can't even ring and make payments arrangements as I don't know what my financial situation will be like in 4.5 weeks until I attend my appeal.

I feel like things are just going from bad to worse. If I lose my ESA appeal I'm going to be even worse as I will truly not be able to afford clothes or anything.

It's for £600. I don't even know who the company is, have never heard of them and can't think of any debt that would be that amount. I'm paying 2 companies token payments at the moment.

I can't even ring and make payments arrangements as I don't know what my financial situation will be like in 4.5 weeks until I attend my appeal.

I feel like things are just going from bad to worse. If I lose my ESA appeal I'm going to be even worse as I will truly not be able to afford clothes or anything.
    KeeKee you probably wont know the company in question as they are debt recovery agents that the companies you owe money to
    have got the agency now involved, I would still call the number on the letter and they will tell you who you and how much you owe, explain you financial circumstances to you they may need proof you are awaiting a appeal! The money you owe can increase quite a bit if you don't talk to them. Can I ask did you ex have a joint account with you has he run up any debt that you aren't aware of? What a mess hun Iam sorry Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboyuk View Post
    KeeKee you probably wont know the company in question as they are debt recovery agents that the companies you owe money to
    have got the agency now involved, I would still call the number on the letter and they will tell you who you and how much you owe, explain you financial circumstances to you they may need proof you are awaiting a appeal! The money you owe can increase quite a bit if you don't talk to them. Can I ask did you ex have a joint account with you has he run up any debt that you aren't aware of? What a mess hun Iam sorry Cheers
    I will ring them tomorrow as it says they are only open 9-11am. My ex wouldn't ever get debt in my name, it's obviously mine I just don't know why they've contacted me out of the blue after years. I've checked my credit rating and had a ccj issued against me in January so guess it's that. I guess I will have just binned the letter if it looked like spam and to be fair 'Capquest Investments' isn't a letter I'd usually open, sounds like some kind of gambling to me. I only open letter I know of because we get lots of spam here.

We didn't have any joint accounts or anything and he is the kind of person who wouldn't spend a penny more than he needs to, he certainly wouldn't get debt.

I only got it as it was my 'post natal depression' stage and I was on a high. Certainly regret it all now.

I will ring them tomorrow as it says they are only open 9-11am. My ex wouldn't ever get debt in my name, it's obviously mine I just don't know why they've contacted me out of the blue after years. I've checked my credit rating and had a ccj issued against me in January so guess it's that. I guess I will have just binned the letter if it looked like spam and to be fair 'Capquest Investments' isn't a letter I'd usually open, sounds like some kind of gambling to me. I only open letter I know of because we get lots of spam here.

We didn't have any joint accounts or anything and he is the kind of person who wouldn't spend a penny more than he needs to, he certainly wouldn't get debt.

I only got it as it was my 'post natal depression' stage and I was on a high. Certainly regret it all now.
    Well that's one blessing Why not google Capquest Investments ? It sounds like a company that invests peoples money which may offer a good rate of interest but is usually very high risk and in the current climate we all live with all these terrorists attacks etc the value of these types of investments plumet very fast. Good luck with the phone call as you now must act fast on it before it gets totally out of control Good luck KeeKee!! Cheers

Hi again Bigboy, I did Google and people are saying it's a scam and not to pay, however this has come from the local county court..

I'll give them a ring in the morning.

Hi again Bigboy, I did Google and people are saying it's a scam and not to pay, however this has come from the local county court..

I'll give them a ring in the morning.
    Hi KeeKee ouch that is bad, so I would call the county court up just in case it is a scam and the recovery agents too I hope you don't get scammed do all your checks thoroughly too thanks for the update KeeKee ATB to you Cheers

KeeKee, before I even finished reading to the end, I was thinking this sounds like a scam. I've heard of this happening to people quite a lot.
    Firstly, it is unusual to chase a debt that is 8 years old. There is a time limit that you can chase a debt anyway and I think it is 7 years, but would have to check on that.
    Normally a debt would be chased within the first few months of non-payment, not that long.
    As you say, phone the Court and see what they say. x

Also ring the CC company who the debt is/was with and the catalogue company too this will cover everything. as scammers will use every trick in the book even down to fake letters from the county courts that look real in every way only a keen eye could spot the fakes not easily either! I didn't know about that law where after a certain number of years the debt is written off Cheers

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information