Thread: memory

Exclamation memory

Have you ever forgot something somebody told you just the day before? apparently I was loaning my shoes out to my sister (which I knew and forgot, we spoke aboitnit originally a week back) but she told me last night and I don't recall it - is this normal? I had gotten some bad news about my grandad so I don't think I was even paying attention. Is this memory loss or Normal every day occurrences?

Re: memory

I think it can be normal if you are stressed, anxious or because you had bad news ( sorry to hear) you just weren't paying attention. I get forgetful alot these days but my anxiety has never been so bad xx

I have no recollection of her saying anything about it yesterday I remember majority of the evening just not this conversation I have taken memory tests online and I'm fine. I'm really worried!

Quote Originally Posted by helenhoo View Post
    I have no recollection of her saying anything about it yesterday I remember majority of the evening just not this conversation I have taken memory tests online and I'm fine. I'm really worried!
    Why are you worried if the online tests say you're fine?

We all forget things, it happens, it's part of being human.

Or perhaps she really wants to borrow them and didn't previously get your agreement? (but don't let that feed any paranoia, of course)

Serotonin is involved in memory regulation. Serotonin is what we are often found to be low in.

I've had many cognitive issues including memory trouble and prior to this I was in a job where memory was key as I had to be able to reference hundreds of clauses, data items by number, processes, etc. My memory was good, in fact a lot of the people I worked with always make jokes about it!

Thread Information