Thread: Does anyone take Serequel or Olanzapine at Night and Drive/work the bnext day?

Does anyone take Serequel or Olanzapine at Night and Drive/work the bnext day?

Hi! I currently take Olanzapine at night and don't think I could be awake enough to drive/work if I took it in the morning or during the day. Is it the same for Serequel? Thank you. I take it for anxiety/depression.

Re: Does anyone take Serequel or Olanzapine at Night and Drive/work the bnext day?

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid16 View Post
    Hi! I currently take Olanzapine at night and don't think I could be awake enough to drive/work if I took it in the morning or during the day. Is it the same for Serequel?
    Olanzapine has a much longer half-life, an average of 33 hours compared to 7-9 for Seroquel (quetiapine), so tends to be fairly sedating most of the time. But I know some taking Seroquel have trouble getting out of bed before noon too. Both can certainly affect driving ability and driving while affected could result in heavy fines.

Re: Does anyone take Serequel or Olanzapine at Night and Drive/work the bnext day?

I have taken 2.5mg at night and still drive the next day. I am currently increasing the dosage because the Nortriptyline I am taking doesn't seem to be working for my anxiety. My Nortriptyline blood levels are only at 70 (I take 100mg a day), so was thinking maybe I should try to get my levels up to 100 and see if it works before writing it off. I just seem to be treatment resistant. I have tried ect and that seemed to help for s few months, but then I relapsed again (I did only have 5 sessions though). I was thinking maybe lithium and Nortriptyline may work. I have read some studies. I have anxious depression and when the anxiety is bad I struggle to function. ACT Therapy has helped, but I can't keep going on that alone. I think the psych is just about at her wits end with what to try.

Bump

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid16 View Post
    Hi! I currently take Olanzapine at night and don't think I could be awake enough to drive/work if I took it in the morning or during the day. Is it the same for Serequel? Thank you. I take it for anxiety/depression.
    Hi mermaid! Happy Sunday :-)

I take seroquel XR 150mg and I also take mirtazapine 45mg, o have no problems driving after I've taken it or the next morning. I've read somewhere the modified release version produces less sedating side effects

Did olanazapine help your anxiety?

Thread Information