Thread: Scared of Zyprexa

Scared of Zyprexa

I'm suffering of GENERALIZED ANXIETY DISORDER since 18 years and i was able to handle pretty well when i was covered with CITALOPRAM or CYMBALTA i would say very close to full remission.

A month ago i was without medication and i had a very strong anxiety so i was back with Cymbalta 60mg and you know the first days are the hardest plus i had also a huge stress in my family didn't help.

My Hunt suffering of the same disease brought me to her neurologist and he added Lyrica 300mg and Zyprexa 5mg and after a week he raised to 7.5mg.

I feel DULL with ZYPREXA i'm really worried this medication can damage my brain wich is already damaged and i don't want additional damage.
    I read chronic olanzapine can shrink brain in a study in other study could be neuroprotective
    plus is associated with obesity and diabetes.
    I'm 7 days on this shit do you think i should go back with my original psychiatrist didn't prescribed neuroleptics for anxiety?

Re: Scared of Zyprexa

Welcome to No More Panic, Eddy

A month ago i was without medication and i had a very strong anxiety so i was back with Cymbalta 60mg and you know the first days are the hardest plus i had also a huge stress in my family didn't help.
    Starting at 30mg for the first week would have made it easier. I believe some generics make 20mg pills which would be an even better starting dose.

Quote Originally Posted by eddy cudo View Post
    I'm 7 days on this shit do you think i should go back with my original psychiatrist didn't prescribed neuroleptics for anxiety?
    Yes!!

Re: Scared of Zyprexa

7.5 mg is not a bad dose, the 300pregabalin is pretty fast in 7 days

Thread Information