Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: Crystal Therapy Advice Thread!

Re: Crystal Therapy Advice Thread!

Hi Piglet, Happy 2008

I have a question about a crystal I was given as a xmas present. The person who gave it to me isn't sure which crystal it is! I wonder can you help me in identifying it. It is a bed/cluster and it looks for want of a better description, like a large slice of melon - but with the flesh scraped out. The inside is amethyst colour but doesn't so much have points as a covering of amethyst 'bubbles'. It is quite flat and I can place jewellery and tumblestones on it. What makes me question whether is is Amethyst or not is that the outside of the crystal, the raw stone part, is a blue colour, much like celestite or sodalite. What colour is the 'outside' of an amethyst bed usaully? The fact that it is this blue colour is confusing me.
    My camera isn't working so I can't take a photo of it and it is very hard to make identifications from pictures of crystals on the net or in books.
    Any thoughts you have about this crystal are most welcome,
    many thanks,
    Ellen

Hi ya Ellen hun,

Oooh I would dearly like to see a pic but in the absence of that I can tell you that the outside of my amethyst bed is a sort of blue/grey/green rock colour.

I bought quite a few people amethyst crystal beds for crimbo pressies because even if you don't go in for the metaphysical properties they make lovely paperweights - so pretty and twinkly.

Love Piglet

Thanks for the reply Piglet and congrats on winning the raffle I came 20th so 20 is my new lucky number as I never win ANYTHING! I really wanted your amethyst bed prize if I won but now I have one of my own so some other lucky person will get yours.

Yes, you are right about the crystal being an amethyst. I found out where my crystal was bought and rang the lady who owned the shop and she told me it was an amethyst. The outside colour is not what I had imagined an amethyst bed to be but apprarently the outside of the beds can vary a lot in colour.

Anyway I have somewhere to re-energise my jewelley now and they ARE so pretty as well.

Bye for now

Ellen

Nice one hun - pretty and useful too!!!

Piglet

Hi Piglet and all,
    Something I would be interested in hearing people's views about.
    I am HOPING to be moving to a new house soon as I have had a terrible time of being harrassed by local youths since I moved into this house 28 months ago.
    The house I will be moving to is a small cottage in the countryside and I am so, so looking forward to having some peace in my own home again.

I want to carry out some form of house cleansing ritual in the new house before I move, to get rid of any negative energy that might be lingering in the house. It is an old cottage that has been recently renovated. I would say it is 150 years old at least so a lot of people have lived there. I get a nice homely feel from the house but I would still like to do a cleansing ritual.

Can you suggest a way of cleansing a house using crystals Piglet? or does anyone else have any ideas? There is a small spare bedroom that I hope to use as a meditation/relaxation room so am especially interested in working on cleansing that room. I will burn sage smudge sticks and incense and pray to the Angels and the Creator too to cleanse and protect the house. As I live alone I especially want a crystal that has strong protection properties and that wards off 'bad' energy - what would you suggest?

Hope to hear some suggestions about this.

Thanks everyone,

Ellen

Well now Ellen it's funny that you should bring this up as I am deeply interested in applying feng shui to my house at the moment and it seems there are also some great ways to cleanse houses.

I have several good books on it but one I think would be a super place for you to start is a book called 'Feng Shui for dummies' by David Daniel Kennedy. Also the author Cassandra Eason mentions this a lot in her crystal books - she also has a website hun which might be worth looking at.

So much of the feng shui principles are commonsense but I think being into crystals and other holistic therapies gives you a natural leaning towards anything like this because it helps you to feel empowered.

I think applying some of these ideas (they call them feng shui cures) to your new home will help you greatly ease into your new space!!!

Love Piglet

Thanks for the reply Piglet. I have browsed through feng shui books in the past but didn't know that there were ways of using feng shui to cleanse a new home, so I will look into that.

What I am really looking forward to if I get to live in this cottage ( ) is that since it is in the countryside and there is a small field going with the house at the back, I will be able to put out all my crystals on the grass when it rains and leave them there for the moonlight and sunlight to recharge them in the outdoors - I have always wanted to do that with my crystals but in the present place I don't have any private outside place so I had to make do with tap water and the window sills. I know they are still cleansed and recharged that way but there is something lovely about putting them on the ground outside for the elements to cleanse and recharge them. Also the water supply to the house is from a natural well so when it isn't raining, the crystals can be cleansed in natural spring water. I get an unexplainable sense of pleasure from little things like that

Happy Feng Shui-ing Piglet,

Ellen x

I know exactly what you mean hun cos I too get pleasure from things like that!!!

Love Piglet

wow , ive learnt alot from this thread !

I have a question ,

Is there any crystal that could help me with my vertigo and walking ?
    I was thinking of making some earrings for myself with something to help maybe ?

any ideas much appreciated.

xxx

Mirry what about amazonite - this is a crystal said to ease problems with the ears nose and throat and nervous system. Its a sort of bluey/greeny/turquoise colour - rather pretty actually!!!

Love Piglet

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread Information