Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Does medication really take 6-8 weeks to work...

Re: Does medication really take 6-8 weeks to work...

Thank you.

Please let us what happens tomorrow xx

I will do :-) I got my 45 minute assessment first then meds etc so I'll have to see if f they can control my brain! X

Quote Originally Posted by Benjammin69 View Post
    I get to see my PDoc tomorrow so will talk it through with him as well. Altho he is a numpty!
    It seems to be a common affliction among psychiatrists. Ime, most are also nuttier than their patients.

Quote Originally Posted by panic_down_under View Post
    It seems to be a common affliction among psychiatrists. Ime, most are also nuttier than their patients.

I've tried loads of meds and he knows that and nothing seems to work so I don't know what else he can offer me with so little time for error due to getting back to work.

He just nods, writes his notes and says your not showing signs of psychosis but then prescribes me seroquel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He just nods, writes his notes and says your not showing signs of psychosis but then prescribes me seroquel
    He's appears to be prescribing it not because he suspects psychosis, but because Seroquel can calm people down very quickly through sedation. It isn't a good anxiety or depression med despite the makers recent promotion of it for these, but sedate people enough and it can appear to be.

He's appears to be prescribing it not because he suspects psychosis, but because Seroquel can calm people down very quickly through sedation. It isn't a good anxiety or depression med despite the makers recent promotion of it for these, but sedate people enough and it can appear to be.

But I do tell him these meds do not sedate me at all. I even take it in the morning now and go about my day normal - swimming, driving etc I just need a med to calm down my racing thoughts and my panic.

---------- Post added at 10:23 ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 ----------

Hi :-)

Been to my psych.. we spoke about my depression/anxiety and he says mine come in episodes - tell me something I don't know.

We discussed meds he said I could either add venlafaxine to my mirtazapine and quetiapine... or we could further increase the quetiapine to 250mg to control the episodes...

I asked for the one with least side effects and he said the quetiapine so I will be taking 50mg xr quetiapine AM and 200mg quetiapine PM alongside 45mg mirtazapine. And he threw a few diazepam smarties in too! 😂

Hopefully this helps and helps fast!

Hello

I hope you start to feel better soon

xx

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie67 View Post
    Hello

I hope you start to feel better soon

xx

You too :-) chin up x

We discussed meds he said I could either add venlafaxine to my mirtazapine and quetiapine... or we could further increase the quetiapine to 250mg to control the episodes...

I asked for the one with least side effects and he said the quetiapine so I will be taking 50mg xr quetiapine AM and 200mg quetiapine PM alongside 45mg mirtazapine. And he threw a few diazepam smarties in too! ��
    Sigh! Any chance of getting a second opinion?

At least you dodged the venlafaxine. It has no advantage over other SSRIs - despite the SNRI tag, it really is only a SSRI - but is notoriously hard to quit.

Sigh! Any chance of getting a second opinion?

At least you dodged the venlafaxine. It has no advantage over other SSRIs - despite the SNRI tag, it really is only a SSRI - but is notoriously hard to quit.

How about hydroxyzine for my anxiety? I have managed to get my hands on a packet or 2 of those! :-)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information