Thread: Reaching out

Smile Reaching out

Hi there,

I am just reaching out because I feel so much better when I feel connected, even by internet, to other people.
    I am experiencing high anxiety and panic attacks for the first time at 50 years of age. I have a huge amount on my plate right now (who doesn't, right?) and it has bubbled up and over to cause great anxiety.
    Add to the mix a long winter (I am in Canada) and not enough meaningful contact with people which is very challenging for a people person, such as I am.
    I am actively practicing relaxation techniques, have a good doctor and counselling, so I've got that kind of support in play.
    As I single woman, my biggest challenge is that I feel very, very alone. I have friends and they are doing the best they can, but they have lives and their own things going on, so I can hardly ask them to be with me every minute of the day which is what I would really like! LOL
    Anyway, like I said, I am just reaching out to whomever might care to respond. Thanks!
    Last edited by Cambi123; 10-04-17 at 22:12.

Re: Reaching out

Quote Originally Posted by Cambi123 View Post
    Hi there,

I am just reaching out because I feel so much better when I feel connected, even by internet, to other people.
    I am experiencing high anxiety and panic attacks for the first time at 50 years of age. I have a huge amount on my plate right now (who doesn't, right?) and it has bubbled up and over to cause great anxiety.
    Add to the mix a long winter (I am in Canada) and not enough meaningful contact with people which is very challenging for a people person, such as I am.
    I am actively practicing relaxation techniques, have a good doctor and counselling, so I've got that kind of support in play.
    As I single woman, my biggest challenge is that I feel very, very alone. I have friends and they are doing the best they can, but they have lives and their own things going on, so I can hardly ask them to be with me every minute of the day which is what I would really like! LOL
    Anyway, like I said, I am just reaching out to whomever might care to respond. Thanks!

Hi there,

I definitely agree that it feels nice to be connected - even if over the internet! There is a good Facebook group called "my anxiety" that I joined recently which is very social and always someone around to chat to or befriend over personal messenger (sometimes forums like this can be pretty slow) so you have that as an option too if you want some new online friends to connect with.

What's on your plate at the moment that could be causing this panic to have surfaced?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information