Thread: Ct scans

Ct scans

Hello I'm Agata and I am 21. I have severe health anxiety and can't cope with it. It comes and goes, but this year is really bad for me ! At the beggining of March I had an ultrasound on my neck done and a suspicious rounded lymph node was found. I made other ultrasounds and they said it is not too bad. But I was afraid it could be from head and neck cancer so I made CT scan of sinus on my own and a week ago neck scan on my own with dye. I also had stomach/pancreas pain and my liver enzymes were elevated, also had protein and ketones in my urine and something wrong with my kidney( I had an ultrasound) but I was afraid it could be pancreatic cancer so I made on my own abdominal ct(without pelvic) but it was a multiphase ct with dye and 2 times wiyh dye so it is like I made 3 times a ct!!!! On the cd I got is 605 photos... I am devastated because I wanted to help myself and made 3 ct scans in 2 weeks period,nobody adviced me that for a young woman an MRI would be better and it was not much more expensive :( now I am reading scary things on the Internet and I am sure I will get cancer from it in 10-15 years :(((((( I cannot forgive myself

Re: Ct scans

So what did the CT scans show?

What's done is done and it can't be undone, so you need to try to accept that you exposed yourself to a little bit of unnecessary risk. Find some way of letting it go.

In the future, don't order your own CT scans!!! Or any medical tests.

Quote Originally Posted by swajj View Post
    So what did the CT scans show?
    Nothing, everything is fine

How are you able to conduct CT scans on your own? At age 21, I doubt you are a doc or nurse already with access to the machines.

Quote Originally Posted by armiva View Post
    How are you able to conduct CT scans on your own? At age 21, I doubt you are a doc or nurse already with access to the machines.
    I mean that any doctor did not send me to it, I went to the place where the tests are done and I paid and had it done, not from my insurance or so, because I used to go from doctor to doctor, had problems with belly pain, liver etc and they only gave blood tests and I was really worried what is going on inside me.

Ok... some reality here...

I had head and neck cancer. Guess what I was treated with besides chemo? Yep... radiation. Enough to burn the skin off my neck and toast my throat to the point I could barely swallow. Add to that a CT scan before each treatment so they could make sure the radiation was aimed properly. Six weeks, five days a week, 30 total treatments.

A few CTs aren't going to cause you any long term issues. Just don't make a habit of chasing the wind and you'll be fine.

Positively,
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thread Information