Thread: Horrible night- please help

Horrible night- please help

So sometime around one am my daughter woke me up crying- after I got her settled I eventually feel asleep- but I woke up some after and felt like my whole body was vibrating/shaking- it was very very scary, then I finally got myself to calm down and I started to fall asleep again- I felt my whole body go numb and there was like a ringing in my ears, and I felt like I couldn't breath- I kept trying to move but I couldn't and I kept trying to yell help to my husband but I couldn't or I felt like he couldn't hear me- finally I snapped out of it, like I woke up from a dream- my body was not numb and I could breath just fine- what in the hell was this? I am so scared of dying in my sleep and that's exactly what this felt like- was this anxiety? Has anyone else experienced this before?

---------- Post added at 10:58 ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 ----------

Anyone?

Re: Horrible night- please help

Could of been sleep paralysis, either way as scary it is i don't think it's a health concern x all the stress could be taking its toll on your anxiety

All the best

"Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn."

"Be gentle with yourself, you're doing the best you can"

Re: Horrible night- please help

I've had that on & off for as long as I can remember, even as a child. Panics me when it happens even now, I hate the way you can't move & feel like you are suffocating. I find as soon as I can somehow move one part of my body ( a hand or foot) it suddenly stops & I feel normal again. I think it is just sleep paralysis like Clydesdale Epona said. Its horrible but I would try not to worry about it . Take care xx

Thread Information