Thread: Scared i'm going to have a bad reaction

Scared i'm going to have a bad reaction

Hi everyone,

I got my hair dyed pink a few months back and was really scared about the whole thing - but i stayed brave, had no reaction and it looked awesome. Over time it's faded really badly. Yesterday i bit the bullet and put some more pink on to try and touch it up. I didn't do a patch test as it was only a wash in for a few days one and i feel so stupid and yesterday i was okay albeit really scared the whole way through. Fast forward to today and my skin is a bit itchy, only a tiny bit on my head but mostly random parts of my body. I'm so scared that i'm going to go to sleep and have a really awful reaction to the stuff, i'm so scared! The mild itchiness has been on and off for about 8 hours now, i don't know what to do. :(

Re: Scared i'm going to have a bad reaction

I think if you were going to have a crazy reaction you would have had it by now. Can you wash your hair a couple of times to try to ease the itchiness on your head? Also, it wouldn't surprise me if you are itchy because you are worried about a reaction. That's happened to me before. Not with hair dye, but other things. I create my symptoms. You are going to be fine.

Re: Scared i'm going to have a bad reaction

The itching would be from your anxiety. I have never heard of hair dye making anyone itchy all over. I had an allergic reaction to one type of hair color, but that was puffy lips and my throat tightening up. I don't want you to start thinking you're having those kind of symptoms. I don't use that brand anymore. Symptoms went away.

Thread Information