Thread: Cancer Fear - Please Help

Unhappy Cancer Fear - Please Help

Please can somebody help me......

I have been under a great deal of stress lately and so my panic and anxiety have been at their worse. I had to do some public speaking this week - and had been dreading it for ages. The nearer it was getting the worse my panic/anxiety was. Anyway, I did the talk, in front of a hell of a lot of people, and although I thought I was going to have to run out of the room at one point, I didnt. I thought that once I have done this, that all my panic/anxiety would just be like a weight lifting off my shoulders. Well it hasnt. Now I feel worse than ever. I was really tense the whole day of the meeting - and ever since I have been getting really sore points all over my body. The worse is my rib cage. I am getting myself into a right state about it as I have got the idea that I have got bone cancer. Also one of my arms feels like it has been hit with a hammer and is really sore to touch - even though I havent knocked it or anything.

I really dont know what to do. I am getting dizzy spells and my vision is really blurry. I have the constant fear that I am going to drop down dead at any minute or collapse etc. My head feels like it is going to explode and the thoughts are driving me mad. It is like my thoughts are having conversations with one another saying - what if it this or what if it that. I feel like I am going to go mad.

I really dont know what to do. I have made an appointment to see my doctor - but couldnt get in till the end of next week.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for reading.

Re: Cancer Fear - Please Help

those pains sound like the ones i get when i stress to much. first time it happened i got rushed to hospital with a suspected heart attack. it was only a form of panic attack. i really doubt you are seriously ill, BUT i will be thinking of you with crossed fingers.

yeah i get these pains too. I thought i had the whole lot, heart attack, collapsed lung etc. Chances are, you have just got yourself so wound up with anxiety that your body has been over tensed, hense the pain!

try not to worry too much

Love
    Lisa
    xxx

Thanks for the replies. I am feeling totally exhausted with fighting everything and being so stressed out......

Hello Kitty

It sounds as if you might have stuck ribs (only because I do and that's how I feel) and as you say your arm feels like its been hit with a hammer - I have had and do have similar feelings to that - I have repetitive strain injury. It could be that a visit to an oesteopath might be your best bet. If you're near London there is British School Oesteopathy or nearer Maidstone, Kent there is the European School of Oesteopathy both offer treatment for minimal fee (£5-10) and helped me enormously.

You could also try heating a wheat bag in the oven (not microwave!) which will loosen that area and try gentle stretches by prising apart rib area with hands moving in different directions.

It doesn't sound like cancer which would effect you in different ways but I know bone cancer has been one of my fears especially as I feel nodule type things on my ribs.

Please try not to worry - try some breathing exercises for your ribs and also for your talks.....that's some feat! Well Done!!!!

Take care

Thread Information