Thread: 30 Day holtor monitor results!

30 Day holtor monitor results!

I just called the doctors office to find out my results and they are NORMAL. The doctor even said that when I pressed the "event" button there were no abnormalities. I guess PVC's are not considered an abnormality??? I really would like a print out of the report, but it's probably not good for someone like me to have that in my hands. It will lead to unnecessary googling. Thank you all for your support. I guess I just believe the tests and continue to work on getting better. Not sure what else I can do at this point.

Re: 30 Day holtor monitor results!

If you refer to your other thread, I suggested having a chat to your doctor about either upping the dose of your current anxiety medication or changing to another. Maybe this would help you to cope with them. I do know that far more women than men get these pvcs and hormones can play a big part too. Mine seemed to ease off alot after my periods stopped, and I'd suffered with them since my 20s.

I'm glad you got the all clear on them not being a serious heart problems, and actually they are not always brought on by anxiety, they can be caused by digestive problems for an example, and mine get worse with spring hayfever too, but anxiety can contribute to them and make them worse.

ISB ☺ x

I guess I just don't understand how my "event's (when I pressed the button), showed no abnormality even though I was having PVCS. Is that something they consider normal on a holtor monitor and it's nothing of significance?

Yes, they know the difference between benign 'events' and the real thing. These palpitations are so common as to be considered a normal part of a heart function. Taking meds to ease them isn't like treating a heart condition, it's just making you feel more comfortable. We take medication for migraines rather than suffer the pain don't we.

The holter monitor has been used for many years...I used it a couple of times in the 1990s to test my heart because of my own pvcs. I've lived with them for over 40 years now and they are not going away....that's to say I'm always going to be aware of them, but I do take the necessary steps to ease them so they are much easier to live with.

I suggest you try to figure out if there is a physical reason for them happening, such as excessive gas, or if you find certain food or drink can aggravate them, are they worse before your period or if you are in your 40s you could be in peri-menopause which makes hormones crazyo. I more or less know my own triggers for them, but a combination of the right medication and not freaking out about them help to reduce their power.

ISB x
    Last edited by Catherine S; 14-04-17 at 20:20.

Thank you. I do find it's worse during my period (or before) and when I've eaten a huge meal. Feeling overly emotional will cause them too. I'm 37. I want to stop being so aware of every heart beat and what it's doing. I obviously have way too much adrenaline in my body and need to find a way to calm the body and mind (besides medication). I have been meditating everyday and taking walks.

You're on the right track. Some people fear exercise because they think it makes pvcs worse, but exercise is good for them because it encourages deeper breathing which can also ease them somewhat. Fearful anxious people like us tend to shallow breathe and this can bring them on too.

I get them more when I'm cold and shivering in mid winter because cold weather alters our breathing. People get them when making love too, again because of the altered breathing pattern. So there are lots of reasons for why they happen and we're just the unlucky ones who happen to be more aware of them.

ISB ☺ x

Thread Information