Thread: Propranolol

Propranolol

After visiting the hospital for my neurological examination I've been put on a 40mg dose of Propranolol.

I'm not sure if it's doing anything other than slow my heart down to be honest and making my eyes go weirder than usual (wobbling side to side when looking at things)

Anyone else get any strange side effects or use this at all?

The doc who checked me out said it may be a form of migraine all these tingling fingers and dizziness symptoms but I have an MRI scan in the next month or so here's hoping either I'm ok or something's there and it can be sorted!

Smile Re: Propranolol

hi david. i have been on these tablets nearly 2 weeks. my anxiety has been a bit worse since i started taking these, but hopefully its just til they get in my system, im on 20mg twice a day, so im hoping he is gonna up them for me tomorrow.

Re: Propranolol

If you get physical symptoms of anxiety like racing heart propranolol may work but for a lot of people is doesnt help much but others it works fine. if its going to work i think it should do after one tablet not on a build up situation

Love Joy

Re: Propranolol

hi david, i was on propranalol for over 3 years at a dose of 40mg 3 times a day and as joy said it is primarily to regulate your heart rate. i didnt get the eye problem but i did find it made me really breathless and after years of nervousness and pounding heart my body felt all out of synch because it has no effect at all on the thoughts and your mind is still panicking but your body cant react as propranalol has the effect of damping down all your emotions ( which doesnt go down to well in the bedroom) . But if your only concern is your racing heart they are great and i never had any side effects when stopping them. People do take them as a one off for stressfull situations but to get constant relief you need to take them all the time not just when you are feeling your worst.

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"

Thread Information