Thread: Valerian for anxiety

Valerian for anxiety

Hi. A few days ago I started taking Valerian to see if it helps with my anxiety. I was just wondering if any one else has had good experience with Valerian and also how much you took and how often in what doses. At the moment I'm taking 800mg a day, 200mg in the morning and afternoon and 400mg at night, is this a good way of doseing it?

Thanks

Re: Valerian for anxiety

Hi, I took Valerian some years ago when going through a bad patch with anxiety and they took the edge off my symptoms really well. I cant remember what dosage I was taking though sorry, but there should be information on the pack, or a pharmacist would be able to advise you, they're really good with this kind of information and are always happy to help.

ISB ☺

Another one completely free of synthetic chemicals is Rescue Remedy It's completely safe and none addictive too no side effects either it can be safely used on dogs too for fear and anxiety I know cause I have used it on my dog for fireworks and it does keep her calm Have heard of Valerian but heard it's not totally herbal this true?
    Last edited by Bigboyuk; 14-04-17 at 16:38.

It's made from the roots of a flowering plant and as far as i'm aware it's completely natural. It's sometimes mixed with other nature's sedatives such as hops or lemon balm, but it has very few side effects..If any at all..compared to conventional meds, and shouldn't be taken alongside some prescription drugs.

There's alot of useful iinformation about it online...nothing scary so it's ok to take a look, and gives recomended doses for anxiety and insomnia. Children can take it too.

ISB ☺ x
    Last edited by Catherine S; 15-04-17 at 15:21.

Quote Originally Posted by I still Believe View Post
    It's made from the roots of a flowering plant and as far as i'm aware it's completely herbal. It's sometimes mixed with other natural sedatives such as hops or lemon balm, but it has very few side effects..If any at all..compared to conventional meds, and shouldn't be taken alongside some prescription drugs.

There's alot of useful iinformation about it online...nothing scary so it's ok to take a look, and gives recomended doses for anxiety and insomnia. Children can take it too.

ISB ☺ x
    Ahh ok did hear on a dogforum few years back sure it was something beginning with a V that possible side effects can cause seisures in dogs so probably not the same one

Valerian did nothing for me. I guess I am just one of these people that don't react to it

I have tried Valerian, it did nothing for me either, gave me really bad head ache's.

Thread Information