Thread: Throat Worries! Advice!

Throat Worries! Advice!

Hi guys,

Have had ongoing problems with my throat for the last two years. I have an ENT appointment later this month but am freaking out about the outcome.
    I have a severely deviated septum which leads to constant post-nasal drip. I also have fullness in one ear (side of the deviation), and am really concerned about my throat. I also have acid-reflux and am on 20mg omeprazole every day.

My biggest worry lies in the little white/yellow pustules on my uvula. I'm really freaking out and could do with some advice if somebody is knowledgeable in the area. Please help

Thanks guys <3
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Throat Worries! Advice!

Anyone

Re: Throat Worries! Advice!

Hi

The uvula is the dangly bit. I couldnt see any spots on there, I could see some on your tonsils though.

I have the same problem & have done for months, I'm currently beating my head against a brick wall to get it sorted, but I wont go into my issues here.

From my research into these spots, It could be Tonsillitis, (inflamed tonsils, usually viral in nature, but can be bacterial). Viral doesnt present with white spots though.

Strep throat, (Streptococcal bacteria infection).

I've also read about things called Tonsilloliths or tonsil stones. are calcifications that form in the 'crypts' (crevices) of thetonsils. They can also form in the throat and roof of the mouth. Tonsils have little undulations and crevices where bacteria, particles of food, dead cells etc can get stuck. Theyre not harmful, (they can cause discomfort when swallowing), and can cause bad breath. Extensive page on them on Wikipedia

I'm not a doc, this is just a fellow sore throat and inner ear pain sufferer sharing findings.

Thread Information