Thread: On a happier note

On a happier note

Hey all a gardener was supposed to call 2 weeks ago and tidy my garden up as it's spring nearly (doesn't feel like this week or next) Any they let me down bloody typical I cant do things on my own due to my depression and loneliness so thought that's something else that wont get done this year but have this friend that said if you need a hand with anything let me know so txt him yesterday and he called today we both tackled it together in 1 hr the energy I had was amazing and we chatted to each other while we got on with it, so feel really pleased that's done now I know I couldnt have done it on my own it's not a cop out either it's so much nicer when there is some with you Cheers

Re: On a happier note

Well done Bboy!.

Just having the company alone would have perked you up no end!. It's lovely to hear you sounding so positive.

Lisa

Quote Originally Posted by bottleblond View Post
    Well done Bboy!.

Just having the company alone would have perked you up no end!. It's lovely to hear you sounding so positive.

Lisa
    Yes feel good and positive about actually completing something to the end with a liitle help from my friend it sure does help and he is calling round tomorrow evening to chill with me Thanks

I absolutely hate gardening Bboy, so if you ever get bored, you could pop round and do mine. I'll make you a cupa and I can blether for Scotland. lol

Quote Originally Posted by bottleblond View Post
    I absolutely hate gardening Bboy, so if you ever get bored, you could pop round and do mine. I'll make you a cupa and I can blether for Scotland. lol
    It's not the task that I don't like it's the fact Iam on my own too much you know, yes we all need me/our time on our own but I have too much of that company is so important to me for me to be happy whats belther for Scotland not heard that before? Ha ha lol Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboyuk View Post
    It's not the task that I don't like it's the fact Iam on my own too much you know, yes we all need me/our time on our own but I have too much of that company is so important to me for me to be happy whats belther for Scotland not heard that before? Ha ha lol Cheers

Lol...Blether means talk!. Basically means I could talk the hind legs off a Donkey although I've never understood that expression either.

Hey BB - You raise a great point. Activity is a great weapon against depression/anxiety. there is nothing like the feeling of accomplishment no matter how small. I came home and have been sitting on the couch but after reading your post I am now putting my sneakers on and headed out for a run. Which I know absolutely will make me feel much better. It will make me feel better sleep better be healthier burn off tension...Thanks man!

N.

Gardening is good exercise. It can be gentle too.

There used to be gardening projects promoted at Changes. Community gardening financed through charities or government grants. It looked a good idea.

We have places like Douglas Macmillan Hospice and a few others who have sensory gardens. They ask for volunteers.

One of the guys at Changes volunteered at Park Hall, Dave. He said it was great some some forestry work.

I'm glad you had a good session with a kind friend.

Thread Information