Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: *Huuge PINK post!*

Red face *Huuge PINK post!*

Sunday........sun is shining.......birds are twittering........GG decides this afternoon is going to be hers (cos she's been waking up feeling a bit 'iffy' in the mornings lately)

So, out comes the sunlounger and the umbrella (after probing the deep dark recesses of the shed and wading through the detritis therin - do we really need to keep that old rusty budgie cage? We've never even had a budgie! Ah, wait a minute - middle daughter had a finch when she lived here! Why do our offspring have such tidy houses? Because all their rubbish is still here with us!! )

Anyway there's GG in 'lazy Sunday afternoon mode' - plate of salad, glass of wine (sorry Coni, just had to have it!) good book....heaven!....Til she falls asleep.......

I wake up glasses all askew, (book had been removed by hubby who had paid a fleeting visit during half-time!
    ) to find I had pale pink shins!!!! My feet were in the shade of the shed, my head was still under the shade of the umbrella, but my shins were in full sun!!! My legs now resemble a pink and white zebra crossing!......but I digress from the main point of my story (nothing new there then!).

Last Thursday I popped home from school for lunch (I'm fortunate to work in a school right opposite my house). Upon opening the front door I gasped in horror, and clamped my hand across my mouth, speechless (yes, it is possible but only for a nanno second!) !!

Dearest hubby (I am trying to say the name without having thoughts of causing him torturous pain!) had decided to get friendly neighbour (who was sat on the top stair with huge paintbrush in hand) to paint the lower half of the hallway, up the stairs and the landing upstairs. Thoughtful hubby I hear you say! NO...mad and derranged hubby! MY HALLWAY ETC. WAS PINK! .....BARBIE PINK in all it's glory...it possitively GLOWED!!!!

GG: "What have you done!" ( language was rather more colourful, use your imagination)

Hubby: " I thought you'd like it "
    GG: "Well....don't think!!!!"
    Hubby: "You've been banging on for ages about getting it done......dear!"
    GG: "Not like this!"
    Hubby: " I take it you don't like it then?....dear?"
    GG: " I can't believe you actually went and BOUGHT the paint, and PAID someone to do this act of vandalism! Get rid of it!"

GG goes back to school (hungry) and ponders the many evil ways to inflict discomfort on dahling hubby. That evening dahling hubby gets it in the ear from daughters number 1,2 and 3. (who are secretly doubled up laughing, especially when dahling hubby said he'd try and talk rottweiler mum around! Anyone ever tried to stop a bullet with their teeth?)

Anyway, one phone call to friendly neighbour and he agrees to come back and re-do it to save our marriage! Comforting Magnolia this time (which is what GG wanted in the first place!)

But...........he didn't specify when........so...........

The clock is ticking dahling hubby, if it 'aint done within the next week.......I'll not be responsible for the consequences!

To all my friends on NMP........if I tend not to be around for a while......you'll know I've finally dunnit!!!

Thanks for letting me 'sound off' ....again!!

PS: HERE'S A LINK TO A PICCIE OF MY BARBIE HOUSE!

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t.../DSCN2036a.jpg
    Last edited by groovygranny; 29-04-07 at 22:00. Reason: Inserted link to piccie!

Re: *Huuge PINK post!*

LOL u crack me up GG , that made me lol for real

well i guess one good thing is your legs will now blend in with your hallway lol

Love

Trac xxx
    People change, Things go wrong,
    I just remembered...Life Goes On

Oh GG when is the book out? I will buy it....lol . OMG do you match the paint work? Hey at least hubby was being "helpful" lol I still have bits missing from my house........decorating from when the baby was born.....6 years ago!!!!!!! LOL

Happiness isn't something you experience; it's something you remember

Hi GG

That is so funny, i hope you are making your hubby suffer!lol

Love

Andrea
    xxx

Oh GG,

you're hysterical!! Mind you...be thankful you go pink in the sun...I just lose some of the blue tinge...(typical scot lol!) . Only time I go pink is when I blush, which to be honest is fairly often lol!

I thought it was cocoa for you from now on....now I may have to confiscate the rest of your wine (hehehe...its for your own good) . Is it white or red??

luv Coni XX

Poor misunderstood long suffering hubbies get it in the neck yet again

keith

Talking Re: *Huuge PINK post!*

Haha another classic from our very own G.G, keep 'em coming
    Can't wait for the next installment, beats Harry Potter!!

Dave x

Smile Re: *Huuge PINK post!*

Hahaha!

You lovely people!!

Just inserted a link in to a piccie of the montrosity!

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t.../DSCN2036a.jpg

Coni - it was red - yum yum !!

Quote Originally Posted by groovygranny View Post
    MY HALLWAY ETC. WAS PINK! .....BARBIE PINK in all it's glory...it possitively GLOWED!!!!
    ......and your point is lol!!!!

I love pink and I think it looks faberoony!!

Piglet

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information