Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Random shooting pain in clitoris/urethra area. Freaking me out!

Re: Random shooting pain in clitoris/urethra area. Freaking me out!

Quote Originally Posted by daisyflower View Post
    I get this! Sometimes it's like my urethra squeezes quickly or something, but sometimes it can be besides my vagina or even right above where your vagina crack (sorry, outer labia is it called?? Vagina crack sounds better). I don't know what it is. Sometimes I think it's nerve pain but research on google brought me to the conclusion that it's pelvic floor muscles spasming.
    YES!! Exactly as your described! What the heck? It comes and goes and I can even skip several days and it then it comes back.

---------- Post added at 17:54 ---------- Previous post was at 17:54 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mary jane View Post
    it's not PGAD, it's more of a hypersensitivity of nerves ..they send out wrong signals... it should go away, really
    Thank you, I appreciate your reassuring responds. It is my worst fear.

Hey OP!

I don't know if you'll see this now, but I came across your thread on a search.

I did have a UTI originally, which is now gone, but it seems to have caused this for me. It's the most bizarre feeling, it's almost not even a pain but still horrible, as you say like an electric shock. Sometimes I can't discern if it's in my urethra or elsewhere down there.

In my case, I think an already misaligned pelvis has been completely shocked by the uti and it has caused my pelvic floor to spasm. I'm going to a Urologist on Monday to check this all out.

I do know for a fact that it's much worse during the day when I'm running around or even first thing in the morning while I'm stressing about what needs done in the day. At night, when my daughter is asleep and all the jobs are done it settles down.

You could try a little guided meditation or even just sticking some headphones on with lovely music and try to power down, even for 15 mins.

Or maybe you have relief now? Let me know how you are!

Quote Originally Posted by Cece6 View Post
    Hey OP!

I don't know if you'll see this now, but I came across your thread on a search.

I did have a UTI originally, which is now gone, but it seems to have caused this for me. It's the most bizarre feeling, it's almost not even a pain but still horrible, as you say like an electric shock. Sometimes I can't discern if it's in my urethra or elsewhere down there.

In my case, I think an already misaligned pelvis has been completely shocked by the uti and it has caused my pelvic floor to spasm. I'm going to a Urologist on Monday to check this all out.

I do know for a fact that it's much worse during the day when I'm running around or even first thing in the morning while I'm stressing about what needs done in the day. At night, when my daughter is asleep and all the jobs are done it settles down.

You could try a little guided meditation or even just sticking some headphones on with lovely music and try to power down, even for 15 mins.

Or maybe you have relief now? Let me know how you are!
    Hey there! I'm sorry you are having a similar experience. I have noticed mine comes about when I'm having a lot of anxiety. Feel free to send me PM if you'd like to chat further.

Hey Leslie! I'm sorry I'm only just seeing your reply! Yes, mine is worse when I'm anxious too. Although with a new 'health focus' it has dissipated into the background

If you're still around I would very much like to PM!

Did you ever find out what the problem is

Quote Originally Posted by stressedanxious View Post
    Did you ever find out what the problem is
    No, but it eventually went away when my anxiety shifted elsewhere. But ironically, I was having the same thing the other day for a couple days. I'm still having it a tiny bit.

Have you looked into vulvodynia

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information