Thread: Instead of asking about my lymph nodes, what can I do for my anxiety

Instead of asking about my lymph nodes, what can I do for my anxiety

I have a great amount of anxiety lately it's been about my lymph nodes, and if you read this forum you've probably seen my threads so you knowmy story. Well after seeing doctors and being told I'm fine I'm left with only one option and that's to try to put it out of my mind because I was denied a biopsy so I am literally out of options. So what would be the best way to treat my anxiety aside from seeing a therapist. Because I'll be honest I am in a very bad place mentally, I constantly fear I won't be alive for much longer, I worry that I won't see my son grow up, and on top of all that I constantly wonder what I'd do if I am really sick as in would I try ending it all myself, I've never considered suicide but the fact that I imagine it to me that's almost as bad. So as you can see I'm in a dark place and you haven't even heard the half of it. I'm not here for attention or a diagnoses I'm just hoping someone has some advice that can help point me in the right direction because I have to regain control of my life because it's ruining mine and families lives because I'm struggling to take care of my responsibilities because I can't focus and I'm so scared day and night .

Re: Instead of asking about my lymph nodes, what can I do for my anxiety

Don't Google, don't feel your nodes, don't read threads on here about other posters lymph nodes. Maybe don't even come here until you have sort of control over your HA. See the therapist if you haven't started already.

What I've found helps me is distraction. If you read, find a good book, if you watch tv find a good TV series and binge watch, or any hobbies! Keep busy.. I tend to not think of my anxiety when I'm busy.

Just know your not alone, I have a deep fear that my time is running short, that I won't see my 4 kids grow up and get married, have children ect. My work makes it harder, seeing oncology patients and I wonder why them and why not me.

With me I think I dr telling me I'm ok, I'd believe them.. I just can't bring myself to go there incase they confirm my fears.

Ok I'm not in the best place right now but I hope I can still give you some advice.

You need to stop checking your nodes and your body. Set yourself a goal - say I will only have a quick check every week, then reduce to every two weeks, then monthly.

Why can't you see a therapist? I would highly recommend that you do and also speak to your doctor about how you feel. Medication might be an option for you. You might not need it but keep and open mind.

Distract yourself. Make plans with your family, stay busy.

Quote Originally Posted by swajj View Post
    Don't Google, don't feel your nodes, don't read threads on here about other posters lymph nodes. Maybe don't even come here until you have sort of control over your HA. See the therapist if you haven't started already.
    That's pretty good advice but the support from forums like NMP can be beneficial too but avoid threads where other posters are saying oh Iam checking this and I have Dr Googled that and now I am sure I have cancer not really good threads if you are seeking recovery Therapists excellent idea Swajj Cheers

---------- Post added at 10:32 ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Emmaisworried View Post
    Ok I'm not in the best place right now but I hope I can still give you some advice.

You need to stop checking your nodes and your body. Set yourself a goal - say I will only have a quick check every week, then reduce to every two weeks, then monthly.

Why can't you see a therapist? I would highly recommend that you do and also speak to your doctor about how you feel. Medication might be an option for you. You might not need it but keep and open mind.

Distract yourself. Make plans with your family, stay busy.
    No Far from it this is the sort advice that is needed on these boards It's good sound advice to those other HA sufferers that are in a stuck cycle thank you Cheers

Thread Information