Thread: Scared I'll drop dead

Scared I'll drop dead

My palpitations have changed and now they bang in the hollow of my throat. I feel so awful when they strike and I'm convinced that I'm going to drop dead.it just happened a few times in Asda and I just managed to claw back from a panic attack starting. I don't know whether to go to the hospital. I've had all the tests and I'm assured they're benign, but they feel so dreadful that I just KNOW it's something more severe.im terrified. I also will be giving birth imminently and I know my heart will not cope with the strain.

Re: Scared I'll drop dead

Physical symptoms aren't pleasant to deal with, benign or not. I deal with them 24/7/365 due to my cancer treatment. I also have chest pain due to angina.

As unpleasant as it is, I KNOW it's not sinister. You've been given that assurance from medical professionals. You're also going through a plethora of physical changes due to your pregnancy. Add it all up and things being exasperated due to your anxiety and here you are.

Your heart will be fine as will will everything else. After the baby is born and things begin to settle down a bit, the symptoms should lessen. Of course, professional help for your anxiety can also help quell the symptoms and unfounded fear.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Re: Scared I'll drop dead

Ectopic heart beats are very common. Over half of healthy teenagers get at least one per day, for example, and are very noticeably not keeling over.

It's simply an irritated part of the heart firing early, not much different than a eyelid or any other muscle twitching on its own.

We're just in the small minority who can feel the damn things.

There's no reason to believe they'll cause any problems with your pregnancy. It might be that it's the pregnancy which is causing the change in where you are feeling the beats.

Best wishes but it should all be fine.

Thread Information