Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: If you have anxiety over Lymph Nodes PLEASE READ!

Re: If you have anxiety over Lymph Nodes PLEASE READ!

Brilliant post ! Thank you thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Hayley2018 View Post
    Hello, please can someone help me.
    I started with an enlarged node behind my ear (I say enlarged it is 0.5cm) it has slightly shrunk from when I first found it 6 weeks ago.
    I had blood tests done 3 weeks ago they were All clear. My cell count lymphocytes everything fine levels. However my health anxiety has taken over I have found 4 more nodes on my neck and lumps on my head I am finding them everywhere even thought I found some in my elbows. The one son my neck feel very mobile they slip around and are like small beans under my skin none of which you can see only can feel them when touching my neck. I have been to 4 doctors at my local surgery who have all said I do not have cancer and have given me anti depressants and beta blockers to help the anxiety.
    Should I be worried about the nodes I've also found or is it normal to feel them the drs have all felt around and not mentioned more even tho the one I can feel on my right side of my neck moves around loads and it's about 2cm I don't know if it's a node I think it is but it's been that size for around 4 weeks so even before my blood tests.
    Haley,

I responded to your thread about this. I'm a Stage IVa Head and Neck cancer survivor. You've had 4 doctors tell you it's nothing to worry about. One even said he was 100% sure it wasn't cancer! I wish I had ONE that told me that.

Cancer is an uncontrolled growth of abnormal cells. It doesn't come and go nor does it stop once it starts.

If you have to go digging around to find nodes, they're not of concern. If you can't believe 4 doctors, scientific medical tests and an actual cancer survivor, I don't know what anyone else could say to help

Are you getting any real life help for you anxiety?

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thank you. I have terrible anxiety over my one lymph node that is swelling right now... I made my own thread about it before I saw this.

Thank you for this post!
    I've seen two doctors about a lymph node under my arm, and exactly like you said, I've began to became aware of just about every issue with my body. I've got a pain on the inside of my elbow on the same arm. I also have a pain in the same area on the opposite arm, but this side is worse so naturally, I'm trying to connect dots in my head! Any reassurance given to me makes me feel better for maybe an hour, and then I go to touch it again and instantly start panicking again. I'm constantly going between "I think it's shrunk!" to "It's huge!"
    This post has been one of the few things online that has reassured me and given me answers to some of my questions, I really do need to stay away from Google as I never get what I want answered but end up finding scary things from elsewhere. I definitely do have health anxiety, my method seems to be waiting around in constant fear until the problem goes away, but I don't think that's working so well anymore.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Thanks for this post, I currently have swollen lymph nodes in my throat and sore throat the past two weeks. I've notiched when I'm panicking I feel I can't swallow and the muscles in my neck tighten. Also a new anxiety worry is that I'm going to have a seizure even though I'm not epileptic or had one before. I'm seeing my doctor tomorrow to go on some sort of medication as my anxiety is debillitating the past few months. I have had a stressful few months, probably the most anxious I've ever been.

I love this thread!

This forum post really eased my mind!

Hi all, for past 7 years I’ve been having off and on lymph node anxiety due to sinister Internet posts regarding lymph nodes. About 7 years ago I went to the doctor with a squishy nose on the right side of my neck (right on the jugular vein, I believe). The doctor felt it and had absolutely no worries at all! Went on my way and my anxiety has been gone ever since. I’ve had blood work done every year since and always comes back normal and healthy.

This past December I felt a tiny lump in my groin region. The anxiety came back! 7 damned years later! Went back to the same family doctor. Felt it, told me it was in fact a node and didn’t have any worries whatsoever. After 3 long months (with the help of a course of antibiotics), the node disappeared. A few weeks later popped back up. Worried again a few more days. Then it went away and has been gone ever since. I feel like now I know where it’s exactly located - I’ll now always feel it a little bit! The anxiety faded...

A month or so later, I was feeling my neck region again and went back to that old squishy node on my neck that’s been raised ever since I felt it 7 long years ago. While feeling around I noticed right above it was a hardish “BB sized” tiny lump. My worrying began again! I kept feeling it and it became super sore. But never swelled enough to see it without bending my neck over. My worrying again went into overdrive. Today I felt it again and it definitely feels like it went down. This always tends to happen in the Spring time when allergy season starts. But I always read nodes don’t swell because of allergies (or so the cruel internet tells me?). It’s still a bit tender as I try to resist from touching it for a few days. I feel like as long as it shrinks - it’s a good sign! As for the squishy nose that’s always been on my neck the past 7 years...it’s still bringing me that horrible anxiety! Why is it still there?! I’ll never know! Ugh! I feel as though I have very sensitive nodes that react to anything! Is this normal? Any reassurances?

I can currently feel nodes everywhere, why? Probably because I keep looking and checking for them.

I can feel about 10 or more in my neck, and about 6 in my groin area. All of them are small, movable, not pulsating, and painless, at least until I start touching them.

I've been suffering with "nodephobia" for weeks now, along with the other symptoms posted in my thread, and I'm convinced something is wrong with me despite 5 doctors trying to convince me otherwise.

I Think I'm going mad.
    Last edited by ThroatGoat; 28-05-18 at 18:26.

I made an account to thank mindprison for posting this. Just a few days ago I went to the doctor as I thought I had a hernia (no hernia, all in my head), but when he was checking he found one of my lymph nodes swollen, he didn't say much other than "this is common in some people". At the time I didn't think much of it as I was relieved for the lack of hernia. Next day I thought I'd feel the lymph node, immediately compared with the other side (which was small) and jumped to the conclusion of lymphoma (a change from my usual fear of melanoma). I'm still just trying to push the negative thoughts away and convince myself that it's only bigger (about half the size of my index fingertip) because I poked it. Also trusting that if my doctor thought it a problem, he'd take it further. This post has certainly helped me in trying not to worry too much.
    Last edited by Arceste; 14-06-18 at 12:20. Reason: More detail, slightly

Hello there,
    I was going in for my flying medicals. I want to become a pilot.
    My relative lympocyte count came a little high. It is usually around 45%. Neutrophil count came normal. Eosinophil count was normal. Wbc count was normal. Doctor says that it is due to my chronic upper respiratory infection that I am having. He also adds that it is normal.
    Being anxious, I searched the reasons for lymphocytosis. One of them was lymphoma. I naturally got scared. I remembered that I have a swollen node behind my ear for last 3-4 years on the left side.. That got me even more scared. It is a little hard and slightly movable. I tried to find more and as expected, I found more nodes naturally. I showed my nodes to 3 doctors. They were confident that it was not lymphoma. They said that the size was about 1cm and it was normal.
    I am still not satisfied. What to do?
    I don't have any B symtoms of lymphoma. No sweats, no rashes, no fever etc...
    My Chest X-Ray is clear. My spleen ain't enlarged (flying medicals).
    I really don't want to die. I really wish to become a pilot.
    I suffer from health anxiety and always end up googling.
    Regards,
    Prabal
    P.S- My post was quite long but I really need your help. I have gone through all the threads on this forum regarding lymph nodes.
    Last edited by Flyingpenguin; 30-06-18 at 16:02.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information