Hey everyone, hoping someone could give me a hand with something.

I've had anxiety a long time, about 8 years. Started out as health anxiety and eventually became GAD. I had it under control a long time, around 6 years but recently relapsed towards the end of last year.

During that time, I saw a counsellor at the start of treatment and did CBT during a rough patch 3 years ago when my parents split in order to deal with depression. It helped quite a bit and I was feeling better after around 8 sessions.

After a colossal argument with my old workplace last year that ended up in court, I ended my job and was signed off work with clinical depression. Sadly in December last year, my Health Anxiety kicked off and i'm more anxious than i've ever been with panic attacks almost daily.

I've started pregabalin and have been on mirtazapine for about a year. The pregabalin is ok but i've felt like the mirtazapine have done nothing for me. I have great anxiety over medication and feel extremely anxious taking multiple meds.

I briefly had a CPN and she was horrible to me, blaming everything on my lifestyle and saying that I actively seeked attention. I informed my GP and he immediately withdrew me and referred me to a psychiatrist instead. This episode actually worsened the anxiety.

I am now seeing the psychiatrist and have discussed everything with her at length, including all the problems that led me to this point. I'm due to see her in a weeks time (it was meant to be the end of next month but I asked if she would see me sooner because i'm that bad) and I still feel like total trash. The physical symptoms are almost unbearable and are triggering panic almost every day. I feel like the meds are masking some of it, but it's not gonna be enough to get me through this rough patch i'm in.

I did discuss CBT with my psychiatrist and mentioned that i've never had it for anxiety, only for depression and asked if it might be an idea to do it again. She was reluctant though and said that she didn't feel digging up things i've already tried would be a good idea. At this point though, the medication isn't enough and i've no idea what to do next. It's been so long since I did it that I honestly don't remember any of the techniques I did, my mind is mush.

I suppose what i'm asking is, even if i've already done CBT would I be able to do it again exclusively for the anxiety if I asked for it or am I completely missing the psychiatrist's point? Are there any other types of therapy that would be good for me to try that I might be able to bring up at my next appointment?

I'm tired of feeling awful every day, I just want to get better and live a normal live.

Thanks for reading!