Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: mixed up anxious and down

Go for it Vern

Could be the best thing you did. I know that you are scared of the operation but think what it could do for you?

Good luck
    xx

Nicola

Dear Vernon

This is not a guarantee but i work in a Treatment Centre for the NHS and on Wednesday and Thursday we do about 8/12 cataract operations per week. I know you are very anxious about it but I have not heard once of anything going wrong. I hope this helps you a bit but as I said it is not a guarantee becuase sometimes things can go wrong but it is very rare and during my time at the treatment Centre we have not had anything happen.

All I can say are that all patients feel exactly the same as you do so it is a normal response before an operation.

Hope this helps.

vern

havent spoken to u for a while

i would go with it as atleast it will get rid of the catarac. try think of the good options rather than the bad

hope ur feeling better

Scooter Girl

if i was hungry would you feed me, if i fell you help me up, if i was crying would you brush away my tears

hi vernon
    we have talked in chat about your forth coming operation - theres not much more i can say and cant advise you on the situation as im not and havent been in you situation but i did want to offer my FULL SUPPORT
    and send you a big HUG try to keep smiling love david xxx

Hiya Vernon

Oh hun, what a difficult dilemma you must be in and its no wonder you're left feeling rather scared and bewildered.

I agree with everyone else that it really does seem worth a go as although you're scared, you have at least given yourself a chance to get some sight back in your eye. If you don't do it, you may always end up wondering what if ...

This is a difficult one and ultimately only you can decide whether its right for you to go through the op, but all I would say is don't avoid it just because you feel anxious now as I'm totally convinced anyone about to go through a cataract op would be bricking it (I know my dad was worried for weeks before he had his and then afterwards he didn't know why he'd worried so much)

Whatever you decide, we are all with you 100%.

Take care
    Love Jo xxx

hi jewel, its not the cataract i am worried about, I have macular and rtnor dameage and they have to move the cateract before they can even see to carry out the surgery required and the odds they gave me was quite slim. thanks all anyway Vernon

hi Vern,

I think you would regret it if you didn't go ahead and give it a go. Don't you think?

Sarah

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information