Thread: Bad palp day

Bad palp day

Hey all,

I'm having a high palp day (and by high I mean 50-60ish) so here I am. I told myself I would lay off the forum because I found myself thinking about my heart too much but I was inspired to share something due to the level of anxiety and frustration I'm feeling today over these PVCs. About 2 weeks ago I did a telephone consult with Dr. Gupta. For those of you who aren't familiar with that name, he's a cardiologist out of York (UK) that sort of specializes in ectopics and anxiety etc.. He offers consults internationally because of this I suppose. Anyways, We spoke via Skype for about 45 minutes and he was so informative and calming. He said ectopics are an entirely natural phenomenon and they occur in every person; that being said most people don't really notice. Us anxious folk tend to notice every thing with our bodies so naturally we would pick up on this weird sensation. I almost wouldn't believe that someone could not feel these things but I work in the Medical field and there are a lot of people who are found to be in Afib or have some sort of light headedness or whatever and they're found to be in some other arrhythmia with out any knowledge of it. He also said that he wore a holter and recorded 900 ectopics in a 24 hour period. Didn't feel a single one. So, if you've been checked out and given the all clear, congratulations! How you learn to live with them, I haven't entirely mastered. My high palp days still throw me off. Just bending down to pick something up will throw an ectopic or two I think most people on here know of Dr Gupta, but if you don't, York Cardiology on youtube. Tons of information about ectopics.

Re: Bad palp day

Yes, I've been an ectopic beat sufferer for over 40 years and feel every damn one of them. My husband only knows he gets them if he uses my home bp monitor because it also records your heartbeat, so he can see them happening rather than feel them happening. I hate him truly

ISB x

I also wanted to contact Dr. Gupta. Did you have to pay to talk to him? That's very reassuring. Thank you for sharing! I hate heart palpitations!

I've done the same and talked with him too. You have to pay to talk to him and can go online for a consult: http://yorkcardiology.co.uk/

He had 900 and didn't notice one? Goes to show how insignificance these are in most.

I've just had my holster report back from him (I live in York, turned out he read mine at the hospital). It says "rare supra ventricular" and "rare ventricular" ectopics, with the former sometimes appearing as couplets. Guess that's within the 50-ish range you report, and is of no consequence medically.

Yup! He said he had 900...I have to imagine he was telling the truth lol. He's definitely worth talking to if you're anxious about all of these "normal occurrences". Ethansmom, it was $76 US dollars for a Skype consultation. half that price for a phone consult, I think. Also, as far as the supra ventricular and the ventricular he said it's just a matter of where it occurs in the ventricles. Just incase you didn't know that

Wow! thanks so much for giving me that info.

Thread Information