Thread: Would the GP contact me?

Would the GP contact me?

Hello

Going through immense worry at the moment.

Have been sent for bloods by the GP and awaiting an USS. The bloods which were for Renal, Liver, Pancreas, Thyroid, and some cancer markers, were taken on the Thursday before Good Friday. I have yet to receive a date for the Ultrasound Scan.

But suffering from terrible anxiety - he also started me on Fluoxetine at the same time - I keep worrying about my results. My OH says that if there were any abnormalities I would have had a call from the GP to go in and see him, whereas I think he would wait until the scan had been done.

I am driving myself crazy - can anybody advise me if I would have heard by now so I can try to quit worrying.

Thank you in advance

Re: Would the GP contact me?

Yes, if anything is wrong, they contact you pretty quickly. Even if it shows something that isn't serious but the doctor needs you to cme back down, they contact you pretty quickly.

I've always been told, the longer you wait the more likely it's nothing, when it comes to NHS tests like this.

They wouldn't wait for the scan if something urgent showed up. My mum is having varuous tets at the moment and her GP has had her back in for a follow up when the initial tests showed nothing because he wanted to monitor her - and he knows the ultrasound isn't for weeks after.

Utrasound's can take ages to get an appointment. We have two clinics around here and they said they only do it once a week so the queues can be 4+ weeks.

Thread Information