Thread: Deep ache in both armpits?

Deep ache in both armpits?

I have had this symptom for around 3 months now. The pain started off quite bad (like a burning) and now its just and annoying, mild ache. I do suffer from health anxiety so I immediately thought lymphoma, because it's is the first thing that comes up when i google this symptom.
    A few weeks after this pain began I went to my doctor, who was confidently 100% sure i didn't have cancer. She felt the lymph nodes in my armpit and she said she couldn't feel anything. To put my mind at rest, I got a CBC done and the results were all fine. She believes it's a 'hormonal pain', as I am a teenage girl.
    I have not had a recent infection and haven't been sick in ages.
    Is it possible that the pain I got at the beginning was actually what the doctor said, but now its the ache because of me poking and prodding my underarms a lot out of being paranoid? I have absolutely no other symptoms.
    Please can someone give me their opinion
    Last edited by carlysugar99; 23-04-17 at 07:20.

Re: Deep ache in both armpits?

You are definitely alright. No need to worry about it if your doctor does say that it is okay. My best bet and recommendation is to make sure that you are eating healthier and exercising. This slight ache in your armpit is probably just something that needs to be cared for with the right medication or ointment.

I also recommend that you also go back to another doctor for a second opinion, alongside what you can do to decrease pain and discomfort. Be proactive. It can help with reducing your anxiety when you're doing something about a thing that is bothering you.

Quote Originally Posted by carlysugar99 View Post
    I have had this symptom for around 3 months now. The pain started off quite bad (like a burning) and now its just and annoying, mild ache. I do suffer from health anxiety so I immediately thought lymphoma, because it's is the first thing that comes up when i google this symptom.
    A few weeks after this pain began I went to my doctor, who was confidently 100% sure i didn't have cancer. She felt the lymph nodes in my armpit and she said she couldn't feel anything. To put my mind at rest, I got a CBC done and the results were all fine. She believes it's a 'hormonal pain', as I am a teenage girl.
    I have not had a recent infection and haven't been sick in ages.
    Is it possible that the pain I got at the beginning was actually what the doctor said, but now its the ache because of me poking and prodding my underarms a lot out of being paranoid? I have absolutely no other symptoms.
    Please can someone give me their opinion
    I recently had an ache in ONE armpit- I even posted a thread about it, in the health anxiety section.
    It went away eventually; was probably hormonal. I'll bet yours is too.
    Trust your doctor. You'll be okay.

Best wishes.

I also get an occasional arm pit pain on one side. It eventually goes away

Quote Originally Posted by florida94 View Post
    You are definitely alright. No need to worry about it if your doctor does say that it is okay. My best bet and recommendation is to make sure that you are eating healthier and exercising. This slight ache in your armpit is probably just something that needs to be cared for with the right medication or ointment.

I also recommend that you also go back to another doctor for a second opinion, alongside what you can do to decrease pain and discomfort. Be proactive. It can help with reducing your anxiety when you're doing something about a thing that is bothering you.
    Thanks for replying. I did consider going to another doctor for a second opinion. As for the pain, I have found one ibuprofen tablet helps but I don't take them anymore because the ache isn't constant anymore and is more bothering than bad. I could probably eat healthier and exercise more often too

---------- Post added at 13:14 ---------- Previous post was at 13:11 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by GlassPinata View Post
    I recently had an ache in ONE armpit- I even posted a thread about it, in the health anxiety section.
    It went away eventually; was probably hormonal. I'll bet yours is too.
    Trust your doctor. You'll be okay.

Best wishes.
    I do find I get the pain more often on the left side then the right. How did you experience these pains before they went away?

---------- Post added at 13:17 ---------- Previous post was at 13:14 ----------

Thanks for replying everyone.
    Last edited by carlysugar99; 29-04-17 at 14:11.

Thread Information