Thread: Heart Palps/Flushing associated with food

Heart Palps/Flushing associated with food

Hi everyone

I could really use some support and anyone with experience.

I have had a bad spate of ectopics which started late February and continued until I then had (sorry for tmi!) a 17 day period (! usually it's only 2 days), when the ectopics calmed down.

So I think I'm having some hormonal changes, I'm 46, and maybe that's part of it. That doesn't worry me.

What worries me is the palpitations and facial flushing if I delay eating even for just a short while. One day a week I have a long commute and I don't eat until around 9 - 10pm and a lot of problems seem to happen then.

One night my heart did something really weird like 4 fast powerful beats (almost like it was warning me) and then went into a really fast rhythm. I panicked and called an ambulance (I've never done this before) and they took 3 hours to get to me. And of course in my mind these fast rhythms can cause death in minutes.

Now that I've calmed down and done some reading I realise that fast rhythms are not usually life threatening, only one type is and that type only usually happens if there is disease of the heart (and even then can happen many times without causing death, but of course we all know it can do it)..........so I've calmed down a bit....

But I'm dreading my commute this week. I'm always exhausted, always hungry (even when I take snacks).....I suppose I could increase the dose of beta blocker that day and force myself to eat every 3 hours just to get through it all. I know once I've done it once I'll be back on track and ok, but I'm dreading this week.

I've been offered an echo cardiogram by a private doctor and he's really good, but his cautious approach scares me. My GP said the problem with going to see a cardiologist is that they are used to seeing really bad cases so they will be far more cautious than a GP, who's used to seeing anxious people. So he said to be prepared that seeing the cardiologist could increase my anxiety.

I'm not sure when I could have the test as I don't really have the spare funds to pay for it at the moment.

Anyway I'm rambling, i could use any words of wisdom. Does anyone else get facial flushing if they go a long time without eating and then eat? Thanks

Re: Heart Palps/Flushing associated with food

Yes I get the warm facial flushing as the quick beats are happening
    Usually I feel some weird flutters or thumps and the warm face as it's happening.

Re: Heart Palps/Flushing associated with food

Hi Rosanna i wish i could be of help to you but right now iam in a deep state of anxiety since my last bout on wednesday its been a hard times for me, i am too much into my chest discomfort, palpitations and sometimes painful beats and breathlesness my chest feels full and a little movement will definitely make me feel sick in the chest and sweat.i hope you feel better soon

Thread Information