Thread: Anxiety/Depression Fitness Blog

Anxiety/Depression Fitness Blog

I apologize in advance if this isn't allow, but I'd like to spread the word about my blog that I started relatively recently, especially since I believe it can be of massive benefit to people, like me, who suffer from some sort of anxiety.

I'll keep it brief. Basically, exercise is a tool in my arsenal that I utilize to help cope with and get a handle on my anxiety. Many people do this -- it's nothing new. But I hadn't seen a blog more geared towards people with anxiety who may suffer from Agoraphobia and cannot leave the house. Or say they deal with Social Anxiety and get anxious or even have panic attacks when around others or even if there is a potential social interaction.

I've been in your shoes. A few years ago I started to suffer from physical manifestations of anxiety. Of course I didn't know that it was anxiety, so off I went to the wonderful world of WebMD to search for what may be wrong (which is a terrible idea -- don't do it). I think that steamrolled my anxiety right into Hypochondria a bit. Then at some point I couldn't even leave the house to go to the store or anywhere except work - Agoraphobia. I am not saying my cases were as bad as others who suffer from these horrid ailments, but I got a taste or what it's like, and it's not pleasant.

Like I said, exercise is a fundamental tool in dealing with this. If people can't go to a gym and are unaware of what to do within their own homes, I want to be able to help. Or even for the people who are fearful of social interaction but can make it into a commercial gym, I want to help them as well. That's where my blog comes in, and I try to post a couple of times a week (I recently had wrist surgery, so I am hoping to get back into it this week).

The blog is called The Anxiety Press (www.anxietypress.com). If you fellow sufferers would like to take a look and give me some constructive feedback, I'd appreciate it. If you know others who may benefit from it, I ask that you share it with them. My goal is to help others through my writing and what knowledge I have.

Also please take note that this is my first blog. It was a lot more technical than I had anticipated (I used to make websites on Geocities... the good old days of just drag and drop!). I am working on fixing some bugs, organizing it better, etc. This is a learning experience for me.

Thank you, and stay well.

Re: Anxiety/Depression Fitness Blog

Thanks for the info.Ill visit your blog..

Quote Originally Posted by MotoApenguin View Post
    Thanks for the info.Ill visit your blog..
    Thank you! If you have any constructive criticism or any information in particular you'd want written about, please don't hesitate to let me know!

Yeah, I also struggled with anxiety and some time later with depression. To heal it, I had to work hard both physically and mentally. Because when you have depression, everything seems impossible for you. Studying, family business, personal life, each part of that makes a strong pressure on your mental and as a consequence, physical health. I can recommend one option for people dealing with anxiety / depression: start doing sports professionally. Yes, do not take it as a hobby, choose a kind of sport, follow a diet, get enough information about it, buy special equipment required for professional training, etc. For example, I started calisthenics 4 years ago and it really helped me with depression. I focused on my workout and diet plan, I searched for a good equipment for my trainings (like resistance bands, gloves, shoes, etc., for example I bought some of this products smrtft.com), and I also focused on my recovery, I tried to sleep long enough and good enough. I just didn’t have a time for bad thoughts and depression, and when I got a good physique, strong muscles and more confidence, my mental health also improved a lot!

Thread Information