Thread: Breast dimple...

Breast dimple...

I'm 24 years old, way too young to be thinking about breast cancer, but 3 days ago I found a dimple under my right breast that I can only see in certain positions; usually when I flex my chest muscles with my arm down. I immediately called my doctor and had an appointment. She didn't seem to think it was anything to worry too much about, but scheduled me for an ultrasound tomorrow to be sure. I am freaking out!!

EVERYTHING I have read online about dimples on boobs basically says "you have breast cancer" and I'm just wondering if anyone has a story about having a dimple and NOT having caner? Or if anyone knows what else it could be?

Re: Breast dimple...

I had a dimple form under my breast when I raised one arm. I was convinced it was serious but it turned out OK

Re: Breast dimple...

I have dimples in my breasts and have had them cleared as nothing. I'm 32 years old and in January 2016 I noticed 2 little dimples underneath my left breast whenever I raised my arm or flexed. I flipped out! A week later, I noticed one in my other breast but only when I raised my arm. I ran to my doctor and she sent me for a mammogram and ultrasound, came out completely cleared. I couldn't let it go so I begged my doctor to let me have a breast MRI. I had that done and it came back completely clear so I let it go. Fast forward to June 2016, I found a lump in my right breast, had it checked out with another mammogram and ultrasound and doctor wasn't sure what it was but guessed some kind of bruising and wanted to follow up in 3 months. I had the follow up in November and he decided to biopsy, he was right, came back as scar tissue from an old injury. The biopsy caused a large hematoma to form and I noticed back in March (still have a little bit of the hematoma still) that I had, yet, another dimple. Had it checked, AGAIN and its from the biopsy.

Thread Information