Thread: Asbestos help

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Asbestos help

Hello there , I haven't posted in a very long time but my anxiety is back and I am very scared. I am in France and staying at this one house that has this hole in the wall near ceiling . I used a rag to try and cover it up with a pole as I was scared of a bird coming in or something . The rag wouldn't stay and fell down twice. I noticed this greyish black little pieces on the rag on below where I tried to put rag. I immediately thought asbestos . Within 20 mins all my stuff was cleared out and I left the place . Before I stood on the desk while trying not to breath to look close at the hole, and in the hole looked like some dark hairy substance. This house was very old probably from the 18th 19th century.

The window was open blowing fresh air in entire tome ,but now I am freaked out.
    Below is the image of the wall

So I used a pole with a rag cloth to try and cover it , but after 2 attempts it didn't work. I then noticed that some of the black crumbles and some dust or something was on the rag , and on the table below . I quickly through out the rag and wet another cloth to wipe off table. I am worried that maybe some of the cloth went into the hole and pulled out some of the interior substances . I left the place within 20 minutes after this. I don't really get the cloth into the hole , as it wouldn't stay and it was small, so I am not sure to what level the cloth touched the interior . But the surrounding wall was solid allowing for no give to actually stuff it in. Both attempts were pretty futile , and not rough.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Sambapati85; 25-04-17 at 07:23.

Thread Information