Thread: Anafranil and gerd

Anafranil and gerd

I have gerd and take 20mgs of pantoprazole for it. I also take Anafranil. Been on it now for well over 8 weeks. It has helped tremendously. I dont get anxiety or panic attacks and feel like the depression is even slowly lifting. But as of late I am continually waking up regurgitating food, bringing up bile or with the sensation of wanting to throw up and chocking on what was coming up. So I did a little snooping around on the internet as one does and found out that tryciclic anti depressants can make gerd worse. Great news just when I thought I found something that worked. The reflux is starting to haooen everyday now. MY next Doctors appointment is on the 10th May so will have to try stick it out until then if I can. This could not suck more because anafranil was so easy to start and its benifits were felt much quicker than the ssris. Not sure what my options are next but I cant funtion on no sleep and waking up feeling like I am going to spew all the time. and sometimes I do as I wake up to late. Makes me wonder if I could actually die in my onw vomit over this. Ah well, thats life. Just cant win. . I just do not understand why this has presented itself in the last week and did not right at the beginning. I am sure I told my doctor I took pantoprazole and wonder what other options there could be. I take a split dose of 75 in the morning and 75 in the evening. Maybe I will half the eevning dose.
    Last edited by Barnabas75; 25-04-17 at 15:26.

Re: Anafranil and gerd

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas75 View Post
    I just do not understand why this has presented itself in the last week and did not right at the beginning.
    Could the pregabalin overdoses be a factor?

Re: Anafranil and gerd

Çould be

Thread Information