Thread: Having anxiety over the flu shot

Having anxiety over the flu shot

22 year old male. I just got he flu shot today that was required for a new job I just started. I haven't had the flu shot in 10-15 years and I'm having anxiety that the flu shot will make my immune system weaker and could also potentially cause some sort of cancer like leukemia or something bad? I've read that the flu shot is not as what it turns out to actually be. I'm also worried that the government uses it as a population control and puts certain things in it that can cause cancer or other diseases. Am I overreacting? Im not a conspiracy theorist guy at all but I may have went off the deep end on google. I honestly am sick to my stomach that I got the flu shot today and feel hopeless.

Re: Having anxiety over the flu shot

Quote Originally Posted by Ryank65 View Post
    Am I overreacting?
    Absolutely! I've been getting the flu shot for the last 15 years or so and other than being assimilated by the Borg, I'm good

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

You'll be fine, honestly. The worst that ever happens with me in my 10+ years of flu shots is getting a minor cold, better that than the flu!

Pregabalin 300mg

Did you speak to the doctor about the anxiety you have been having? I'm asking because over the last five months you have been anxious about:

- Lung cancer caused by smoking
    - Lung cancer caused by baby powder
    - An enlarged spleen
    - Radiation from your television leading to cancer
    - HPV
    - Hairy Cell Leukemia
    - Radiation from CT scans causing cancer
    - Stomach cancer
    - General cancer...
    - Lymphoma

Now you're fretting about the flu jab causing Leukemia? I'm not pointing this out to be mean, I'm just to trying and get you to see that you need some help with this. That is a lot of illnesses to jump between in 5 months. This is no way for anyone to live their life, and there is help out there.

Yeah sorry I do have bad anxiety. I have been seeing a therapist past couple months and actually tomorrow I have an appointment to talk with my doctor about my anxiety. I'm just angry cuz my mom told me I've never had the flu shot in my entire life and she was always against it. Now I got the flu shot and am worried it's going to cause something bad in my body. I don't trust the flu shot at all. I'm worried it's going to cause something bad down the road. Does anyone know if the flu shot can mess with my immune system or my cells?

Yeah sorry I do have bad anxiety. I have been seeing a therapist past couple months and actually tomorrow I have an appointment to talk with my doctor about my anxiety.
    Please discuss your participation on the forum with your therapist! It's imperative he knows! Show him your threads! This is detrimental to your recovery IMO.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I'm sorry you are having such anxiety!! No the flu jab will not cause anything like that! It doesn't make you sick either. Your arm might hurt and you might run a slight temperature which is your immune system working and is good!

I'm also worried that the government uses it as a population control and puts certain things in it that can cause cancer or other diseases.
    You really need to start visiting other areas of the Internet - those guys are total wackos and should be roundly mocked.

Thread Information