Thread: very worried about ovarian cancer

very worried about ovarian cancer

I am a 33 year old woman and I am very very concerned about some symptoms I am having which I am afraid are indicative of ovarian cancer. The most worrisome is that I've gained about 8 lbs in a very short period of time (around 2 months). I've gained about 5 of them in the past couple of weeks, going from 136 to 141 in that time. So it seems it's accelerating. I can't point to anything in my diet that might be causing this -- I've always watched my weight, what I eat, and exercise daily. Additionally, the past couple of days I've had to urinate constantly, and I've suffered from bloating and indigestion for that time period. I feel also a reduced appetite, as though I'm becoming full quickly. When I google these symptoms, "ovarian cancer" screams at me in the headlines. I am in such a panicked state I cannot sleep and am shaking. Does anyone have any thoughts about how concerned I should be and what I should do? thank you.
    Last edited by cancerfear; 26-04-17 at 02:37. Reason: grammatical error

Re: very worried about ovarian cancer

Hi, firstly you need to put your mind at ease and discuss these symptoms with your Dr who will carry out the necessary tests if he believes these are worrisome symptoms. Stress and anxiety can cause the reduced appetite , indigestion and urination issues. I do know how you feel as I have experienced pure terror over the smallest of symptoms and hysteria over others but I've utilised my Dr to rule anything out instead of torturing myself and lastly be kind to yourself x

Thread Information