Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Here's Your Chance!

Here's Your Chance!

So... Most know I have heart disease. Heart attacks, bypass, stents, angina... fun fun fun

Anyway. I was due to have a check last November but due to dealing with my wife's illness, I canceled the appointment. In the meantime, I've been having chest pain and shortness of breath quite a bit. I attribute most to stress from all the things going on personally but I don't have to tell you about the little voice in the back of your mind. I've used my nitro more in the last 8 months than I have in the last 4 years!

Anyway, a couple weeks ago, my wife and I were doing some yard work. Mind you, we have a town home so the yard is pretty small. We were doing some simple things like raking and bagging leaves etc. and I cut the lawn for the first time. Well, I was BEYOND winded, short of breath and having chest pains. I had to stop and sit several times and had to take a nitro as well.

So I called and made an appointment. My cardiologist said that it's been 10 years since my bypass and 5 since my stents and "the warranties are running out" as she put it so she wanted me to get a nuclear stress test which I did yesterday. It was brutal! As I approached max HR, I was really short of breath and had tightness and pain in my chest (I would say a 4-5 out of 10). It calmed down after about ten minutes of finishing.

So that's the stress point. I have a gut feeling there's something going on and I smell another procedure in my future. She upped my beta blocker too which only served to put a stronger cap on how hard my heart works further hindering how hard I can exert myself.

So here's your chance to say "Told ya so!" to me ~lol~ I should know in the next week or two what the deal is.

There's definitely something going on. Just how much is the question.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Re: Here's Your Chance!

I won't say told ya so to you. You have been a tremendous help to all of us. Positive thoughts! Keep us posted.

Mark, it's good to have someone who knows how it reeeeelly feels to have true heart disease, it's a base line for people who don't have it to see reason. That's what I've always thought anyway. You are approaching this next hurdle as pragmatic as always...your 'que sera, sera' attitude I call it...what will be will be.

I'm rooting for you, and there isn't a "told ya so" from me ever. Not for you. You and your Chiquita have been through so much...it's enough already, as you say over the big pond.

Be well
    Cath x x

I've only been on the forum a short time but i've seen you offer a lot of help to people who are in bad places despite having problems of your own, the difference is the way you handle it though and it's very encouraging to someone like me.

You have life knowledge and experiences that really put things into perspective for us HA sufferers and I for one can't thank you enough for that. Perhaps one day soon i'll be able to approach life with the zeal that you do and truly look at things in the most positive way possible.

No told ya so from me either, i'm rooting for you all the way from one Mark to another!

Pregabalin 300mg

No told ya so here! I search for your replies on threads or your posts because they help me so much! You have the best advice!!!

You are the bravest of men Fishman. I know you will get through whatever life throws at you. No told you so from me too. Sending you and your lovely wife all the love from over the pond xx

FMP,

It is possible that the chest pain/out of breath could well be related to anxiety.
    I know you have suspicions that you may need further investigations.
    But, taking in to consideration your responsibilities with your wife now, it IS possible that you may be experiencing anxiety symptoms.
    I've had similar experiences to you.
    Whether consciously or unconsciously thinking. It must have crossed your mind that your wife is totally dependant on you now and probably for the rest of her life.
    This puts so much strain on you and anxiety will play a part in this.
    You have had to put your own health and wellbeing to one side and it does obviously affect you.
    But, don't think the worst here and assume you need operating on.
    I had chest pain for a whole 2 weeks when my mum died.
    I purposely told myself that it was down to that.
    I also get really out of breath when I mow the lawn with sweat pouring down my face as if I had just been on a ten mile run and I've had this for years!
    I can tell you that I had normal bp until I became a Carer to all.
    So, it is so important to get that 'Me' time.
    Your body talks to you and reminds you that you need tlc.
    Remember you motto.

Great post Carnation and makes alot of sense.

ISB x

Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
    FMP,

It is possible that the chest pain/out of breath could well be related to anxiety.
    I know you have suspicions that you may need further investigations.
    But, taking in to consideration your responsibilities with your wife now, it IS possible that you may be experiencing anxiety symptoms.
    I've had similar experiences to you.
    Whether consciously or unconsciously thinking. It must have crossed your mind that your wife is totally dependant on you now and probably for the rest of her life.
    This puts so much strain on you and anxiety will play a part in this.
    You have had to put your own health and wellbeing to one side and it does obviously affect you.
    But, don't think the worst here and assume you need operating on.
    I had chest pain for a whole 2 weeks when my mum died.
    I purposely told myself that it was down to that.
    I also get really out of breath when I mow the lawn with sweat pouring down my face as if I had just been on a ten mile run and I've had this for years!
    I can tell you that I had normal bp until I became a Carer to all.
    So, it is so important to get that 'Me' time.
    Your body talks to you and reminds you that you need tlc.
    Remember you motto.

Oh absolutely! I discussed this with my cardiologist and she concurred AND I definitely agree. I've been around the forum enough to recognize anxiety symptoms. During my wife's illness I suffered from loss of appetite, weight loss, insomnia, headaches, twitches... definitely anxiety and stress symptoms BUT... the deal with being 10 years out from my triple bypass and 5 years out from stents as well as calcification showing on the CT I had earlier this month as well as shortness of breath and chest pain while exerting myself indicates some actual physical issues that need to be investigated. I really don't think surgery will be necessary but I wouldn't be surprised to hear I need another stent or angioplasty or a major modification of my meds like a slow release nitro. We'll see.... I've been "Ok" since Wednesday but still feeling chest tightness and shortness of breath just climbing steps. I was having the same symptoms 5 years ago before my 2nd heart attack. Anyway... I'll know soon enough.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Fishmanpa

I am wishing all the best for you and the best results too. How long before you know what's going on?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information