So... Most know I have heart disease. Heart attacks, bypass, stents, angina... fun fun fun

Anyway. I was due to have a check last November but due to dealing with my wife's illness, I canceled the appointment. In the meantime, I've been having chest pain and shortness of breath quite a bit. I attribute most to stress from all the things going on personally but I don't have to tell you about the little voice in the back of your mind. I've used my nitro more in the last 8 months than I have in the last 4 years!

Anyway, a couple weeks ago, my wife and I were doing some yard work. Mind you, we have a town home so the yard is pretty small. We were doing some simple things like raking and bagging leaves etc. and I cut the lawn for the first time. Well, I was BEYOND winded, short of breath and having chest pains. I had to stop and sit several times and had to take a nitro as well.

So I called and made an appointment. My cardiologist said that it's been 10 years since my bypass and 5 since my stents and "the warranties are running out" as she put it so she wanted me to get a nuclear stress test which I did yesterday. It was brutal! As I approached max HR, I was really short of breath and had tightness and pain in my chest (I would say a 4-5 out of 10). It calmed down after about ten minutes of finishing.

So that's the stress point. I have a gut feeling there's something going on and I smell another procedure in my future. She upped my beta blocker too which only served to put a stronger cap on how hard my heart works further hindering how hard I can exert myself.

So here's your chance to say "Told ya so!" to me ~lol~ I should know in the next week or two what the deal is.

There's definitely something going on. Just how much is the question.

Positive thoughts