Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Over 4 months since "seasonal virus". And I still haven't recovered

Over 4 months since "seasonal virus". And I still haven't recovered

I caught an odd "flu" in December that went away and came back again throughout the winter. I was freaking out not knowing what was wrong with me, why the virus kept coming back and why I couldn't shake it like how a normal person would be able to. It was so bad I was worrying if I had caught some kind of serious viral infection such as HIV, Hep C etc. but obviously tested negative for everything.

Now the acute symptoms have subsided,but I still have the constant flu-like exhaustion (nothing like normal tiredness but with the heavy limbs and malaise that you have when you're unwell), I cannot concentrate on anything at all, I still am a bit achey and I now have constant digestive symptoms (bloated/distended abdomen and diarrhea). I also get flushed and hot a lot like I have a fever but don't. I have never been like this before in my life.

My current diagnosis is "post-viral fatigue syndrome" having had the neccesary tests to exclude anything else. If it hasn't gone away by 6 months it will meet the criteria for CFS, which will be a very dammning diagnosis. I'm really anxious because as far as I can tell no one with PVFS seems to go back to normal ever. Everyone who has this seems to turn out have CFS. I'm worried I will never feel well again.

I just needed to moan about it lol.

Re: Over 4 months since "seasonal virus". And I still haven't recovered

Quote Originally Posted by YoungHon View Post
    I caught an odd "flu" in December that went away and came back again throughout the winter. I was freaking out not knowing what was wrong with me, why the virus kept coming back and why I couldn't shake it like how a normal person would be able to. It was so bad I was worrying if I had caught some kind of serious viral infection such as HIV, Hep C etc. but obviously tested negative for everything.

Now the acute symptoms have subsided,but I still have the constant flu-like exhaustion (nothing like normal tiredness but with the heavy limbs and malaise that you have when you're unwell), I cannot concentrate on anything at all, I still am a bit achey and I now have constant digestive symptoms (bloated/distended abdomen and diarrhea). I also get flushed and hot a lot like I have a fever but don't. I have never been like this before in my life.

My current diagnosis is "post-viral fatigue syndrome" having had the neccesary tests to exclude anything else. If it hasn't gone away by 6 months it will meet the criteria for CFS, which will be a very dammning diagnosis. I'm really anxious because as far as I can tell no one with PVFS seems to go back to normal ever. Everyone who has this seems to turn out have CFS. I'm worried I will never feel well again.

I just needed to moan about it lol.
    Hi Well tbh it's the weather extremes nothing more! Only a couple of weeks ago it was unseasonably warm temp wise for the time of year then real cold temps at night all this week as well it's been a icy blast from the artic had the sniffles since dec and aches and pains but it's getting warmer by the week end lets hope it continues in that vain You will be ok some reassurance for ya Cheers

Can totally sympathise with you. I've had the same since february. The main symptoms have gone but left with a tiredness/ fatigue and the random hot flushes which pass on their own. Girl who lives up the crescent, who is a nurse told me, it sounds like post viral fatigue syndrome. Strange one this.

Quote Originally Posted by jamiebythesea View Post
    Can totally sympathise with you. I've had the same since february. The main symptoms have gone but left with a tiredness/ fatigue and the random hot flushes which pass on their own. Girl who lives up the crescent, who is a nurse told me, it sounds like post viral fatigue syndrome. Strange one this.
    Are you still able to exercise or do much exertion without any consequences from it? If you do have PVFS you should see a doctor and check that you don't have any deficiencies or anything else in your blood that is causing this.

Get knackered by the end of the day nomatter what I do or don't do during the day. Doc seems to think the tiredness/fatigue is part of the sinus infection and googling sinus infection it does seem that with a bad sinus infection you can get the fatigue/foggy brain and tiredness symptoms. Not sure what the answer is though, rest up, drink plenty of fluids so most say and the symptoms will go when they are ready to... not much help really.

Get knackered by the end of the day nomatter what I do or don't do during the day. Doc seems to think the tiredness/fatigue is part of the sinus infection and googling sinus infection it does seem that with a bad sinus infection you can get the fatigue/foggy brain and tiredness symptoms. Not sure what the answer is though, rest up, drink plenty of fluids so most say and the symptoms will go when they are ready to... not much help really.
    Same here Jamie it's constant battle too, which makes it even more taxing to the brain and body Ahh Still contemplaiting on wether to try Vitamin B6 a known vitamin to help with fatigue and the normal operation of the immune system. so is this the way forward and any one had success with this vitamin? Cheers

Hi mate, I take a sublingual B12 spray called Mistol (TM) B12 everyday, can't say I notice any difference though. Was some good reviews of it on amazon but doesn't seem to do much for me. Immune system seems broke at the moment and any bug/cold going round I catch. Looked everywhere on the net and tried most things suggested, but still can't seem to get back to how I used to be. Weights good, I eat a healthy diet, have lately started sleeping better, but still have this tiredness.

Hi mate, I take a sublingual B12 spray called Mistol (TM) B12 everyday, can't say I notice any difference though. Was some good reviews of it on amazon but doesn't seem to do much for me. Immune system seems broke at the moment and any bug/cold going round I catch. Looked everywhere on the net and tried most things suggested, but still can't seem to get back to how I used to be. Weights good, I eat a healthy diet, have lately started sleeping better, but still have this tiredness.
    Hi Jamie it's a pain eh! Have you actually tried B6 instead of B12? Guess you have tried most things though. Hope you do find the answer as it's a mystery. Glad you are sleeping better wish I could say the same not last night but the night before only 3 hrs sleep Take care Cheers

horrible not getting the right sleep, the next day you get stressed then its just a vicious circle. Have tried B6 in with some other stuff, not tired it on it's own might give it a look..cheers

horrible not getting the right sleep, the next day you get stressed then its just a vicious circle. Have tried B6 in with some other stuff, not tired it on it's own might give it a look..cheers
    Yeah tell me about it! Just want to be 'normal' mate That's np Cheers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information