Thread: My mom is feeling sick ..

My mom is feeling sick ..

Im very worried about my mom..

A week ago she flew to visit me in the Netherlands, and she had a lot of pain in her ear during the flight. So i'm hoping it's just from that.. But now she has pain in the skin all around her ear and also a little bit in her face and forehead. I can see some swelling too. Her ear itself doesn't hurt anymore.. She had fever a few days ago but the fever went away, she's still feeling sick and like she has the flu..

She woke me up this morning at 8am because the skin pain was getting more... it's mostly painful to touch. When she touches it she feels it more.. She has a doctor appointment in 1,5 hours and im so stressed. I'm praying everything will be ok. What could this be? :(
    Last edited by Panda22; 28-04-17 at 07:53.

Re: My mom is feeling sick ..

It sounds like an ear infection.

The sinus area may react to this by producing mucus or may have other ways of reacting to contain the infection.

If she has problems with vision and balance then she needs to go to an emergency room.

@walkerbull she has no problems with visions or balance luckily. She showered this morning and made breakfast... but her ear doesn't hurt? just the skin around it and little swollen.. and it feels sore/painful to touch... her forehead too

Time in going so slow till the doc appointment.. my mom is worried herself too ..

Ok

Lemme ask a few questions

1. Can she make facial emotions and speak coherently?

2. Can she balance effectively.

3. Its probably an ear infection, which yes needs to be seen.

Thanks walkerbull, yes she can speak just fine and facial emotions too. She looks normal too apart from a little swelling i can see near her ear/forehead. That is painful to touch and a bit sore.

Its good your Mum is being seen, I hope you inform whats happening upstairs!

Lucky I found you, I have had ear problems all my life. I am 100% sure its an ear infection.

thank you i really hope so too. taking her to the doc appointment right now..luckily the doc is close to where i live

---------- Post added at 08:44 ---------- Previous post was at 07:28 ----------

just got back from doctor.. he said it was some sort of skin infection and prescribed antibiotics. He said it's nothing serious im so relieved

Quote Originally Posted by Panda22 View Post
    thank you i really hope so too. taking her to the doc appointment right now..luckily the doc is close to where i live

---------- Post added at 08:44 ---------- Previous post was at 07:28 ----------

just got back from doctor.. he said it was some sort of skin infection and prescribed antibiotics. He said it's nothing serious im so relieved
    Good good, I myself am scared about going to the doc next week.

@Walkerbull, i'm sure you'll be fine too. Anxiety makes us worried about everything, but it's very likely something completely harmless, good luck

Thread Information