Thread: 600mg pregabalin

600mg pregabalin

600mg what you thin twice a day or 3 times a day , the doc says twice, i am not so sure

Re: 600mg pregabalin

I can recall a NHS trust doc I was reading about Preg. It was about prescribing guidelines. It mentioned evidence that 3x dosing presented no evidence of greater efficiency. There were studies quoted, it I'm recalled rightly (it was last year). So, you should be able to find that.

I suspect Ian will have some links for this.

Usually they make doses equal but I'm guessing you are on 150mg pills? So, they would have to change to 100mg pills but that makes it more expensive as it's 2x more orders, and lower amounts can often be more pricey.

I know leas about Preg than I do SSRI/SNRI's so I expect the regulars will be able to give an opinion here. There is some sense is increased smaller volumes with meds when it comes to plasma levels but you don't hit the full peak of normal dosing. Meds with a split dosing regime, like Preg or Ven, won't hit the full daily dosage but will provide a higher base dosage as the "top up" is increasing plasma levels when in a one a day med they would be falling. Whether they fall below that base depends on the half life, with my Duloxetine the short half life means mine falls more steeply than a longer half life meds like Cit.

But maybe that doesn't matter because they base the daily dose range on a 2x split regime rather than a 3x? I will be interested to see what Ian says about this.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    I can recall a NHS trust doc I was reading about Preg. It was about prescribing guidelines. It mentioned evidence that 3x dosing presented no evidence of greater efficiency. There were studies quoted, it I'm recalled rightly (it was last year). So, you should be able to find that.

Usually they make doses equal but I'm guessing you are on 150mg pills? So, they would have to change to 100mg pills but that makes it more expensive as it's 2x more orders, and lower amounts can often be more pricey.

I know leas about Preg than I do SSRI/SNRI's so I expect the regulars will be able to give an opinion here. There is some sense is increased smaller volumes with meds when it comes to plasma levels but you don't hit the full peak of normal dosing. Meds with a split dosing regime, like Preg or Ven, won't hit the full daily dosage but will provide a higher base dosage as the "top up" is increasing plasma levels when in a one a day med they would be falling. Whether they fall below that base depends on the half life, with my Duloxetine the short half life means mine falls more steeply than a longer half life meds like Cit.

But maybe that doesn't matter because they base the daily dose range on a 2x split regime rather than a 3x? I will be interested to see what Ian says about this.
    i don't do 3 doses with my 600mg, i do 2 doses of 2 -150mg at a time , twice a day my meds are free i am 69 year old

---------- Post added at 13:43 ---------- Previous post was at 13:35 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post

my meds are free i am 69 year old 2 -150mg twice a day

No, I meant the difference to the NHS.

It's like if I wanted my 60mg in 2 boxes of 30mg. The 30's are usually more expensive than half of a 60. So, unless there is a medical need, they wouldn't do it because it's a waste of money.

Let's hope they keep the NHS going so they stay free for you. I didn't know you were 69.

Thread Information