I have an ongoing throat problem which the doc thinks is acid reflux (silent reflux). It's driving me crazy, this constant lump in the throat / being strangled feeling that I've had for two months now and my voice is hoarse too. It's really making me anxious that it's something sinister even though I'm trying to put my faith in the doctor!

I'm due to have some tests (ultrasound and throat camera) to be on the safe side, but in the meantime I'm taking Omeprazole.

Haven't seen any improvement despite taking it for two weeks, so I'm now looking at my diet to make sure I'm eating the right foods for this condition and avoiding those that will make it worse!

The thing is that I do eat really healthily! So I'm not sure what to cut out. I eat a balanced diet, with plenty of fruit and veg, lean meats etc. In fact, when all this came on, I was having salads everyday!

I eat blueberries every day and am now wondering if these are on the foods to avoid list. Have googled but getting mixed results and just wondered if anyone else who has experienced this knows what foods to avoid?