Thread: Scary mole

Scary mole

Well, I noticed a mole that's starting to develop a darker spot in it, so I made an appointment with a dermatologist. Unfortunately, I can't get in with them until mid June. I'm not letting myself worry right now because it's not going to speed up time, and I know that freaking out does way more harm than good. I'm wondering if dealing with a real health issue has actually helped me not panic as much? Now I know that I can handle "bad news", even though it's not something I enjoy. I really do need to learn how to be more patient though, and I need to stop fearing the sun

Re: Scary mole

I used to have awful fears of skin cancer, melanoma specifically. I looked at my moles multiple times per day, looking for changes. I often thought I saw drastic changes. Turns out my anxious mind was playing tricks on me - not unusual at all. Now I can't recall the last time I looked at any of them for the purpose of self-checking. But I do know that of mine also have dark specks in them. I hope all goes well with the derm.

I guess some people would consider a mole scary... I think they're kinda cute actually

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Melanoma was what originally sent me into a health anxiety spiral after having a baby. I think I started to question my health so much at that point because I realized that one day I would actually die, and of course, poor decisions with tanning beds in the past along with a bunch of moles helped bring out my demons (anxiety/adhd).

I think I'm still worried, but it's so hard to constantly drag a coffin behind me 24/7, so I'm not burying myself until I need to.

Do you visit the dermatologist once a year?

Thread Information