I've just turned 25 and am pgysically active. I work out at least three times a week, do weightlifting and have not had any major heeart concerns, as I am pgysically active but not TOO active. However, the past three months have been somewhat stressful to me. I have a thesis to complete and minor, yet annoying difficulties at work. Last Sunday I started feeling weird sensations in my chest. At first it was mild pain, at times it would get sharper but not persistent. Then it was some kind of heaviness. It comes and goes, I get it during the daytime usually. My right temple has also been painful for a week or some. The pain is sharp but not persistent, an regular episode lasts for about 30 seconds or so. I get several epoisodes every day. Also, I have developed a dry cough but run no fever and don't feel any other symptoms that are common with chest infections. It could sound like GERD but I take GERD medicine and it's under control and I had different symptoms.
Can chest and temple pains be stress-related, even if I get random heart palpitations? I'm starting to worry this might be more serious than what I initially though, especially since I have been reading all over the internet about undiagnosed coronary artery disease and heart attacks in young people.