Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Coffee

Coffee

Right, so I wake up this morning feeling fine. Cup of tea, slice of toast, GMTV, usual morning.

Has a shower, turns on PC (I work from home alot) feeling ok.

So I make a cup of coffee, drink it, and now I feel terrible, heads feels pressure, slightly dizzy, like thinking through a cloud and a band of pressure around my head, and grabbed my bp monitor (yer, so I am a little obsessed, I just ordered a CAT scanner too ). My BP is banging upto 161/87, was 134/77 last night, and my hearts gone into overdrive 85 bpm (usually 58 at rest).

Now I know all about coffee blah blah but surely one cup can't be behind all this? Anyone else get this from a harmless cuppa?

Its taken me so long to type this, I have had some water and chilled a little, but I still can't believe one cup of coffee can do all that.

Anyone had experience of this? Should I write to Kenco and get a refund?

Jaco

Re: Coffee

hi hun.... i actually stopped drinking coffee for a couple of years cos i woke up one morning, someone offered me a cuppa coffee, i said yes and soon after i was a wreck, just like you, it wasnt until my mum metioned the link between the coffee and my panic that i began to calm down a bit... if you have to have a coffee have a milky one instead... i only drink milky coffee now and thats only about one a week... dont worry, you'll start to feel ok soon

Anything with caffeine has similar effect on me. Coke, coffee, tea so i also gave it up a few years ago. It's not a religion with me - if there's nothing else availalbe I'll have one but general I go decaf and can't taste the difference any more.

Jaco I think even just one cup of coffee could do that, I guess it depends how strong you made it. I wonder if the coffee set off the physical feelings you had and then anxiety kicked in and made your BP go up? I know what a worrier you are and I'm sure your BP will come back down to it's usual normal range.

Funnily enough my head feels exactly the same as you describe yours today and I had just finished drinking my usual cup of hot lemon and also had been watching GMTV. Wonder if it's the TV programme doing it lol!

PMSL at the cat scanner!!

I avoid caffiene like the plague mate so I can't tell you much about it but have you ever tried the decaff or what was that stuff Gillian Mckeith was bangin on about as a replacement - sure someone will know!!

Piglet

hi , this used to happen to me after a one cup off coffee or a glass of coke, so now i dont drink coke and the only coffee i drink is decaff.

love sandy xxx

Here you go;

' Some people are sensitive to caffeine and even a couple of cups of coffee a day can make their hearts race and they feel jittery and anxious'

'Try coffee substitutes such as made from dried chicory, barley, figs or dandelion root'

I guess you may have to get these from a health food shop unless Tesco do them in the big stores with a Nutricentre present.

Piglet

I went to see a hypnotherapist last week for my Anxiety/panic attacks, outwith the session she told me to gradualy cut out my coffee and tea because it's terrible for pumping you up. She said someone like me who normaly has quite a high level of anxiety should'nt touch the stuff because it will just keep my anxiety topped up!

Hope that helps!
    p.s if you get a cat scanner, you'll probably find half the peeps on this site queuing at your front door waiting on a go!!
    take care
    Lisa
    xxx

hi

same has been happening to me over the past few weeks. I had changed to half caf but this morning, like you I was fine and was just back from tesco and really relaxed. Made a coffee, only drank about half and when i got up to put cup in kitchen - WHAM - dizzy spell. I only have a couple of cups a day but think Im going to stick to herbal tea and water.

I also suffer with health anxiety so yes my thoughts have been running wild as well.

Luv darkangel x

Hey Jaco.

I think the coffee probably raised your heartrate a little and made you feel a bit panicky.

Then, if you were feeling anxious, your BP would have gone up a tad, which you saw on your machine. I would think it was your anxiety which raised your BP rather than the coffee.

Try not to worry. But if coffee makes you feel rough, follow everyone else's advice and get some decaff or herbal teas. I personally can't live without coffee!

A CAT scanner? Wow!!!

Hope you're feeling better now xxx

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information