Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Coffee

Re: Coffee

I have a bad reaction to caffine too and this afternoon I got palpitations from eating chocolate!! I also react to colourings in sweets, squash etc..

Cheers for the reply's all

Panic over, all chilled now

Lyn, what do you mean, I am a worrier? when have you known me to worry? There is a BP monitor I am selling on my ebay account my friend, get bidding.

Cheers piglet, I drink herbal tea too, but usually with a coffee chaser.

As for the cat scanner, it arrived, I plugged it in and the lights went out, so I sent it back, and it didn't match the curtains.

Cheers

Jaco

Jaco,

A question if I may

Erm why do you want to scan your cat ????

Love

Trac xxx
    People change, Things go wrong,
    I just remembered...Life Goes On

Quote Originally Posted by Jaco45er View Post
    As for the cat scanner, it arrived, I plugged it in and the lights went out, so I sent it back, and it didn't match the curtains.
    This is totally the right criteria for choosing medical equipment - well done that man!!

Piglet

Hi Jaco

Im the same coffee or coke does it to me!!!

I only have coke as a treat and have about 2 coffees a week made with milk and im fine!!!

I only drink weak milky tea and that dosent affect me at all

Luv Kaz x x x

I gave up coffee years ago because of what it did to me, my last bad episode of anxiety was down to coffee,then I was generally anxiety free till last Sept when I had a tetanus jab that set me off for 6 months. Fuit tea is great, just find one you like.

I usually only drink decaff, but I went to Sainsbury's cafe on Tuesday with a friend and had two pots of tea to myself (ie 6 cups) in about an hour or so. Well, after about 30 mins I felt dreadful - pulse going quick, jittery and anxious. Took a couple of hours to calm down, but still slightly anxious even a few days later. I had been much better recently, but this episode has set me back a bit - it's definitely no caffeine for me from now on. I would try going decaff if you can, I can't tell the difference.

edit: Just to add, I have had ectopics beats (and as a result mega anxiety) for nearly 3 years. For some reason, I haven't felt any missed beats for about 3 weeks. Even after all the Sainsburys tea, I had a fast heart rate and anxiety but no missed beats. These things seem to be going on their own, thank goodness.
    Last edited by spuds; 05-05-07 at 17:35.

I used to drink sooooooooooo much coffee, Rocket fuel coffee and all sort, pro plus, used to take beechams etc all with caffine in them BUT NOW that I have anxiety etc im so sensitive to coffee, Im aware of this aswell, Beechams are a no-no! etc. Suger is exactly the same for me too. It depends on what my body will take for that day!! :O)

Never look down on somebody- unless your helping them up!

Got news for you ..one cup didnt'anxiety did..Geez.. Its funny but I used to drink 30 cups.. no lying here at least 30 cups a day ..My body became immune to it and i would go to sleep drinking a cup at night..Then one day my body decided it didnt like coffee that much anymore and well i have gone down to about a pot a day about 8 cups sometimes not that much..Its really not the cofffee ,and actually I have read that two cups at least is good for your heart,and blood and etc etc etc.. They just recently found that out..But i assure you what you were feeling was feeling of what you expected to feel after you drank it and besides your breakfast caused more than the coffee probably indigestion..nothing more and the blood pressure readings that you said arent that bad neither is your pulse.

The doctors say that anything under 90 is great.. dont worry its normal was just indigestion and you will live to drink another cup..Its not the coffee just the anxiety about drinking the coffee..nothing more.. I assure you take it from a 30 cup a day person to a one or two cup a day person..its only expectant feelings of what you thought might happen..not what actually happened from drinking it..If you dont believe me drink a cup when you are in a good mood and not thinking about whats going to happen and busy with something else I bet you that you dont feel anything .. So give it up and quit worrying ..come on.. one cup ..nope...not going to happen.. Hope this helps..

Coffee (even decaf) sets my pulse racing and gives me mega anxiety! I avoid it at all costs! Tea does not seem to have the same effect, although even that I have to drink in moderation...

Lola

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information