Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Citalopram

Citalopram

Hi its my first day on this new tablet of 20mg does anyone know about side effects please.

Re: Citalopram

Hi Prue. Not everyone gets side effects so don't worry too much. When I first started taking mine it made me feel a bit tired and I sometimes felt a bit sick, especially in the mornings. Side effects only last for a week, max 2 weeks, and then they subside. Good luck!

Hi
    Thanks for your reply it doesnt help as i suffer with ibs c and axiety but i will soldier on and see how i go 😊

Quote Originally Posted by prue1956 View Post
    Thanks for your reply it doesnt help as i suffer with ibs c and axiety
    If constipation rather than diarrhoea is your primary IBS symptom then a SSRI may be a good choice. Whether citalopram is the right med for you is something only time will tell, but it and the related escitalopram (Lexapro) generally have the best side-effects profile.

Stick with it Prue, it can take a while to start working but persevere because it really is worth it.

Its now Day 4 and feel terrible with nausea and diarrhea im taking the tablets with food so as trying not to upset my stomach with the cramps im going to stick with it and hope my anxiety
    lowers.....

Quote Originally Posted by prue1956 View Post
    Its now Day 4 and feel terrible with nausea and diarrhea
    Ginger and/or vitamin B6 supplements can help with the nausea. I usually recommend over-the-counter remedies containing loperamide such as Imodium for diarrhoea, but I don't know how these may affect the IBS so ask your chemist/pharmacist or doctor if they are okay.

Please stock with them I was lucky I didn't have to many side effects felt abit off balance now and again but I started on 10 then went up to 20 the first few weeks are the worse but stick with it I suffered with mayor health anxiety and these tablets have given me my life back !;!! If ever u need to chat private message me xx

Thankyou Beckie thats very kind of you i actually thought of cutting down to 10mg because of my stomach pain......

I recently cut down to ten as they were giving me heavier periods but struggled on 10 after being on 20 .I'm now going back up to 20 as I feel that's a better dose for me and I feel less anxious I guarantee u will start to feel better soon let us no how u get on

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information