Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Venlafaxine

Venlafaxine

I've been taking 150mg of venlafaxine for 9 days - how long does it take to start working - is it likely I'll start feeling sick/wierd when it does??

Any advice appreciated
    thanks
    JB

Re: Venlafaxine

Not sure as I have never used it but use the search facility or scroll down to the bottom of this page and you will see some "Similar threads" that may help.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hi JB,
    Most anti-depressants take about 4 to 6 weeks to show signs of improvement and from personal experience, I would say a couple of months till they're working at their full potential.

Thanks Sarah1984

do the side effects improve as you use venlafaxine (ie does your body get used to the meds) or do they last for the time you use the meds?

sorry for the questions - just appreciate advice of anyone that's been on venlafaxine for a while...

Thanks all
    JB

Hi JB, I've been on it since last summer. It never did anything for me unfortunately. I had the worst side effects when I started but after a couple of weeks they subsided. I'm now trying to come off it over the past few months. Got down to zero and started to struggle so have had to reintroduce some and then gradually withdraw even more slowly. My brother is on it and thinks its the best thing that's ever happened to him. Goes to show, different strokes for different folks. PM me if you need any advice. I've been on loads of medications and some work, some don't so hopefully if you haven't had side effects after 9 days it may work for you.

Take care.

hi jb, I've been on these for about 3 months now, they took about 1 month for me to see an improvement, the side effects disappeared after about 2 weeks........ you won't feel sick or weird they they kick in just calmer, I have to say they have worked for me so I hope they do for you. Feel free to pm me if you have any questions!!!

Take Care

Luv Pinky

I have been on these for few years, they have worked for me but i think my body is so used to them now that i have to have a change.

One thing with these though, always remember to eat with them because they will make you feel sick if you don't

Best of luck and i'm sure you will feel better soon.

Lisa
    xxx

cheers Lisa

- I know I should just get on with it and take them/wait and see but I've been ill for a while and am feeling spaced out/wierd so I'm hoping this will go pretty soon.

Thanks again
    JB

I don't think I can keep going on like this - feel awful today - nausea/hot/nervous. Is it worth it?

JB

It will get better, I've been on them for a few months now.

All the side effects are gone and I think they are having some positive effect now.

It took me a couple of weeks for the unpleasant side effects to slowly go away, so it's still early days.

Jim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information