Thread: Gastroscopy tomorrow and scan results

Gastroscopy tomorrow and scan results

I have previously posted a few weeks ago about a month of so of severe pain around left rib and stomach issues etc and my GP did loads of bloods and also booked me for a gastroscopy which is tomorrow morning

My Gp also said she would send me for CT of my pancreas but as I have had alot of radiation when I was younger I really should not have ct so i agreed to pay for mri scan of abdomen instead. I also have a benign growth on my thoracic spine so she decided to combine the two and get that scanned as well to check nothing had changed. so last week I had two seperate mri scans one of abdomen and one of thoracic spine.

My results arrived at Gp's today and I have appt later tomorrow afternoon to get them so its a gastroscopy ( with sedation) and my results all in one day tomorrow!!!

Please can I have all okay for all results tomorrow , as you can imagine with health anxiety its not a good day. I am terrified of the gastroscopy, I have had had them before so I know what is going to happen but even having my bp taken freaks me let alone having cannula inserted and then the test itself

Re: Gastroscopy tomorrow and scan results

Good luck I'll have everything crossed for you, can't wait to read your positive update x

Gastroscopy was ok even though sedation just made me groggy but totally aware. I have usual hiatus hernia and mild gastritis plus some tiny tiny polyps which should be harmless but they did take one for histology to be sure plus biopsies of gastritis as well. So hopefully in 3-4 weeks I will get ok results.

My mri scan results showed that my liver pancreas etc was finem just my normal small gallstones. My thoracic scan showed my neurofibroma has reduced considerably since 8 years ago but I do have a prolapsing thoracic disc which is probably causing me problems.

My last test in on monday which is an abdominal and renal ultrasound!

This is so weird,

I just came on here because I have a gastroscopy tomorrow and scan results for my liver and I'm terrified!

Glad yours was ok, I looked at your post and wondered if I'd written it and forgotten (I love country music and thought 'is my username countrygirl?' lol

Anyway, glad you're ok 😘

Ha just replied to your post as I did a double take as well and thought my name had changed!

Abnormal liver function test results can be from loads of things even medication ( my friend took anti fungal tablets and got really scary liver results due to the drugs which returned to normal eventually once tablets stopped). Dr's have an idea of what the problem might be by which results are abnormal so they know what to look for.

My gastroscopy was over in about 5 mins and although not the most pleasant experience with sedation it was bearable so do make sure you have sedation. The throat spray is horrible though like manky banana flavour

Thread Information